Quick Build Flush Kit

I just finished working on my ski after a few months of waiting on parts and finding new issues. I think I have finally worked everything out but this time I didn't want to go to the lake encase another problem came up. So I took about 2 hours to find the parts and put together a really nice to use flush kit. Only cost me about 20 bucks. All the parts came from Home Depot. I thought the stainless gear clamps I bought would be just enough to fit over the 5/8 hose but no such luck...make sure you gear clamp all of this together. Just after I finished doing a 20 minute trailer test I pulled the hose out of the ski and one side of the kit blew off Tie-straps are not the best quick fix in some instances haha.

The first few photos are the parts I bought...

1. Not showing is the female garden hose end
    2. Mini-ball valve
    3. 1/2" x 1/2" x 3/4" T-Fitting (the 3/4" port is for the flush hose)
    4. Stainless steel gear clamps
    5. 2 1/2 Ft. 5/8" dia. heater hose (or any 5/8" pvc hose will work)
    6. Leg tips for chair feet or stools ( I did not use these because I found a nice red soft cap in my tool box. These can be found at any farm tractor repair shop. They get them all the time on rebuilt engine blocks, I know...I used to work for one

The rest of the photos show how it goes together. Also I have removed the OE flush fitting installed from the factory. Just pull that old flush fitting right out of there and put in the new brass 1/2" x 1/2" x 3/4" T-fitting and secure it with the stainless gear clamps. The nice thing about this kit is having that mini-ball valve. You just turn the water on right at the ski once you start it. No more kinking the hose and fooling around with one handed disconnects. Hope this helps anyone out with flush kit questions.

Here are the photos...they didn't load with my posting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parts 1.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	81435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parts 2.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	81436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parts 3.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	81437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assembly.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	81438  

More photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OE Flush Kit.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	81440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Replacement T-Fitting.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	81441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Installed T-Fitting.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	81442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hooked Up Flush Kit.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	81443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flush Kit Cap.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	81444  

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You forgot to mention the hose to the left of the brass tee needs to be pinched to make water flow into the engine. If the ball valve you have is good interior diameter (not less than hose 1/2" ID), I'd install one to the left of the tee to make flushing easier and quicker.

Other than that...job looks great!

PS- If you really want to get snazzy add another tee downstream of your first inlet ball valve and then reduce it down to 1/4". Then add another small ball valve and 1' of hose. Snatch the rear PTO cover, and use this hose to dribble water on the carbon ring when flushing. You will burn it up if left dry and run it on the hose longer than a minute. SD doesn't want you to know this...it's a new engine guarantee when your hull floods from it failing...

Really? I let mine run for 20 minutes on the hose...everything cooled accept the carbon ring. I felt the expansion chamber and it was just barely warm and starting to sweat. I thought it was doing alright lol. I took it out on the water today and it ran really well other than a couple of little bugs to work out. I noticed it's hitting the rev limitter at about 3/4 throttle and it died a few times for some unknown reason. I gave it a few seconds and it fired right back up so I'll have to toy around with it to figure it out...suggestions are welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    Really? I let mine run for 20 minutes on the hose...everything cooled accept the carbon ring. I felt the expansion chamber and it was just barely warm and starting to sweat. I thought it was doing alright lol. I took it out on the water today and it ran really well other than a couple of little bugs to work out. I noticed it's hitting the rev limitter at about 3/4 throttle and it died a few times for some unknown reason. I gave it a few seconds and it fired right back up so I'll have to toy around with it to figure it out...suggestions are welcomed
    Man...the shutting off doesn't sound good. The next time it does it pull the spark plugs immediately (while on the water) and see if one is gray.

If you trace out the water routing you are dumping half the water straight out the back outlet in the transom when not pinching it off. Not a big deal...but it works better when you pinch...

Haha...right on...thanks for the tip...I will give it a plug check tomorrow and next time I'm on the water I'll do a WOT chop to see what's going on.

Instead of pinching the outlet hose, I use a 15/16" rubber stopper at the rear of the transom to block the water from exiting the oulet hose.

Thread Information