+1

drain hole on drivers side of 150?

what the? I understand it's function , but why does it fill the passeger area w/ water if stitting still w/ only driver in boat and it leans to the right. If I sit anywhere else in the boat or have others aboard this does not happen. Again, only when sitting still and engine off/sitting in driver seat....

Water is supposed to drain out that hole, not drain back in. If you have water coming back in when the boat is leaning starboard, I would think that your bilge is flooded with too much water. I have not noticed that problem on my S150. Have you run the bilge pump, or opened the plugs in the back and put the boat at an incline to clear out the water?

I had a 1996 Speedster that would do that once in a while. There was a one way check valve (sometimes called a flubber valve) that would get a small stick or something stuck in it. It is right at the back of the boat. Not sure about the new ones but on the older boats (14 footers) the passenger area didn't drain into the bilge, it drained right out the back. Should be three small screws holding the valve on, just take it off and clean it out. While the valve is off stick a hose in from the boat end and flush the drain out, you may be surpised what comes out of it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    I had a 1996 Speedster that would do that once in a while. There was a one way check valve (sometimes called a flubber valve) that would get a small stick or something stuck in it. It is right at the back of the boat. Not sure about the new ones but on the older boats (14 footers) the passenger area didn't drain into the bilge, it drained right out the back. Should be three small screws holding the valve on, just take it off and clean it out. While the valve is off stick a hose in from the boat end and flush the drain out, you may be surpised what comes out of it.
    This sounds like it, I have no water in the bilge, but they kept the boat outside and there was some pine needles and such in there. I am going to check that out today when I install the 15/20

I have an 06 sportster and on the end of this drain hose (on the outside of the hull) there is a (ball type) check valve....maybe this check valve is leaking water back into the boat? i have had my boat for 2 years and have never had water come back into the boat from this hose.

+1
    there was a clump of pine neeedles in it.....thanks very much, problem gone.

+1
    Use a garden hose to flush it out from the inside hole of the drain John to make sure it all out.

Thread Information