Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

05 VX top speed???

Hi all. New to the site and wanted to say hey and see if anyone has thoughts on the top speed reading I got on my vx 110 this weekend in O.C. MD. On calm water with a slight backwind the speedo read 62MPH!! Dont know if this is even possible but i dont have a gps yet to be sure. My father in law has an 04 FX140 and I pulled away from him like he was standing still when he said his was reading 54MPH. Any known speedo issues for my ski? Planning on some mild mods soon and want an accurate starting point. Any thoughts or suggestions for mods are greatly appreciated! Thanks-

I have an 05 VX110, and yes I pull from fx140s too, but I can guarantee your not getting 62. Buy a GPS, I would have to guess your going around 53-54. My vx stock ran 54 constant on glass. I have all these mods and predict to be in the 60 area.

VX Speed

My 05 deluxe ran 54 to 55 on gps hanging a superman off the back in ideal conditions. Without any mods that's about tops for the vx.

I must say, for the amount of power that engine has, the ski runs great. It takes seadoo 130 hp and 1500cc to run with yamahas 110 hp and 1052cc. I think the highest I got my VX in ripples (cuz glass is rare in barnetgat) was like 54.3 or 54.4 or something. I can't wait to GPS with my mods.

Thanks guys. I'm new to the pwc world and figured that speed was a speedo goof. gps on the way..lol. I have to say though that after riding a few other "high performance" rides., this ski performs great out of the box! With a few mods it should fit my needs completely. Any suggestions for the best bang 4 the buck mods to start with?

I would do grate/intake/exhaust...and work your way towards the prop

wife has hit 57 on her 07 VX deluxe but she only ways 98lbs

need to get her on my SHO and see what she does!

Imagine what the VX hull will do with the 1.8 in it boosted to about 250 HP... Had thoughts of dropping a triple piped GPR motor in a hull to see what it would do, what a sleeper that would be It would fit from what we could tell!

I do no that when pulling the superman on mine and really wiggling to hang off the back as much as possibly it would occassionaly go into a very slow and minor purposing motion.... again this was with a bone stock ski...

Hmmm... Has anyone ever tried such a conversion? It would be awesome to build a pwc sleeper. And in my opinion, the VX is the perfect hull. So many vx rentals and budget cruisers out there. Imagine the look of an rxt owner as a VX sport flies by @ 70... We got this ski for a mint with 68 hours on it so I dont know if i'd want to molest it too much but... Now you got me thinking...

SOMEONE do a VX conversion. That would be awesome. Putting the SHO motor would be cool, but imagine a VXRXP

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information