Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My slxh BOGGS.........

I have a 98 slxh 1050 and from about 2500-4000 it bogs and if you continue to pull back on the trrottle it will die. but if you pump the throttle it'll go, I've check the carbs and the're clean, Crankcase hoses are tight, all fuel hoses are good not clogged.
    Could this be a bad diaphram??????
    Plugs look good, running about 6400rpms
    All jets are factory size...I'm stuck....

+1
    what if you pull the choke? If it gives it a boost, you have a fuel delivery problem

+1
    Just thinking:

0-2200ish is your low circuit
    over 2200 is the high circuit.

So if you are having a bogg in the switch over region, you could have a low pressure situation in your high speed circuit.

Not enough fuel from the lows and not enough fuel from the highs, untill you are able to pump it through the missing area.

Do you see a pick up after a certain RPM?

I think its a transition between the two, and if it idles in the water the idle slowly gets lower and lower from 1300-800rpms and it will die. It has the accelarator pump on the high side and I can see fuel squrting from these. The low idles are set at 1 3/4 turns out.
    Now this thing is totally stock....anything that needs an upgrade that be causing this.

It picks up after 4000rpms......Thanks

+1
    IMHO it sounds like a fuel pressure issue. You have enought pressure to fill teh bowls and then it leans out as it runs

What are your compression readings> If you have low compression, you could have low pulse pressure. hence low pump pressure.

Or yes it could be internal to your pump

Comp. is 110psi in all cylinders......that was with my sears craftsman gauge. If thats it what now electric fuel pump.
    Last edited by fast-banshee; 07-06-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    IMHO it sounds like a fuel pressure issue. You have enought pressure to fill teh bowls and then it leans out as it runs

What are your compression readings> If you have low compression, you could have low pulse pressure. hence low pump pressure.

Or yes it could be internal to your pump
    Talk to the Polaris tech. he said the same thing, servise limit is no lower than 120psi in easch cylinder. So I'm just under that, well I guess now is the time to freshen up that top end.......

Took off the PTO end head and there's some play between piston and cylinder.......so, new piston time.
    Piston has 80.86 stamped on it, that refering to the 81mm bore??

Any one in ft. worth do good machine work???? What do yall recomend for a piston kit?? (Wiesco etc.....)
    Last edited by fast-banshee; 07-07-2008 at 01:48 PM.

You cant say that it needs a rebuild because it read 110 on all cylinders with your gauge. IMO, people get too hung up on cranking compression numbers. Your issue is not worn piston rings, but a fuel delivery problem. You have a clog somewhere, a problem with one or both fuel pumps, a clogged fuel/water separator, collapsing fuel hoses, etc. IMO, I wouldnt keep running it or you run the risk of burning up the engine.

Also, the 80.86 is the size of the piston. They are for the stock 81mm bore.

Check the electrical box. Make sure there is no rust. My 2003 Virage was bogging recently and turned out to be a rusty fuse holder. I was lucky and only had to sand it down a little...

Also, is he engine pinging or knocking. If so there could definitely be something wrong with the electrical box (sending bad signals for when the spark plgs should fire).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information