'97 Yamaha GP 1200R Riva Parts...What's it worth?

One of my friend's owns a performance repair shop and worked on a 97 GP 1200R, the engine came in blown because the owner did not run high enough octane fuel, etc etc. Needless to say, the engine is fresh...new crank, bore, pistons, etc, etc. The problem is that the guy has not paid his bill and apparently has no money. I'm not sure if Riva had a stage kit for this ski but it has everything, sponsons, billet head, exhaust, intake grate, prop, it looks like it might be a Stage 1. Anyways, I called the owner and asked him if I took care of his bill how much he would take for the ski. Keep in mind, no trailer, and the front nose needs to be re-glassed, painted, and the whole ski needs to be buffed, etc. Also needs a new seat cover. That stuff doesn't really bother me because I know the engine is fresh and I know who did all the work. No corners were cut, by my friend that owns the shop is getting a little ticked. No money has been paid since September of 2005. The bill is around $800. To make a long story short, the guy said he wanted $5000 total. I already have a nice RXP, just wanted to pick this up cheap and play around with it a little, and let my g/f ride it. Anyways, I know 5000 is OUT of the question. Perfect high book is in the 3k range. The owner does not know the ski or what the Riva parts cost, so I am trying to use that to my advantage.

I told him I would call him back with an offer of what I think it is worth. I was thinking maybe 1800 tops plus taking care of his bill. I don't think this is too low considering the exterior work it needs. I figured I would try here first, I am not a member of Hulk's Yami forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Teddy

+1
    Teddy, In 1997 yamaha did not make a gp1200r, they made a gp1200. Its the precurser to the gpr. Its not as stable as the gpr but it has a decent hole shot and will probably top out at around 62 mph with mods. My advice is dont pay a dime more than 3000 total. Good Luck.

+1
    My advice is dont pay a dime more than 3000 total. Good Luck.
    Listen to Joe

Well, I guess I was trying to steal it. I don't really want to pay over 2000 for everything because I wouldn't use it much, just a second ski for my girlfriend/sister I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy57
    Well, I guess I was trying to steal it. I don't really want to pay over 2000 for everything because I wouldn't use it much, just a second ski for my girlfriend/sister I guess.
    Your girlfriend is your sister??? Whoa...what state are you from? I thought that was only W. VA

Wow, I guess that looks bad. What I was trying to say was, I would rather let my little sister ride a $2000 Yamaha than my Sea Doo. LOL. I can barely get my girlfriend on my RXP, she won't say much but "Im not getting on with you, I see how you drive it by yourself." LOL

I knew what you meant...just sounded a little funny...

Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    +1
    LOL!!

Thread Information