Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Hot SHO

  1. #1
    wolfmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas- Houston
    Posts
    177

    Hot SHO

    Put Groco Strainer from GH on last night.

    Made a 6+ hr ride today.

    Got "temp" warning 3 times.

    All happened after a short-2 to 6 min "beverage stop.

    While ideling away after a short stop- beep- beep- temp--- limp mode----
    I immediately shut off engine-- waited 1-2 min and restarted--
    First 2 times this happened- all seemed well after 2nd restart and we continued riding.

    Last time it happened was in front of house - and took 3 restarts and a longer wait for things to return to normal.

    Only happened 4 times in 6 hour day with probably 15 start stop cycles.

    Anyone think the strainer is draining and it is taking too long to refill and get to the Hot engine?

    40 hrs on ski and never happened before I put on the strainer.

    Will try it again tomorrow where I can pull seat and watch strainer cup flow and see if I can duplicate hot issue.


  2. #2
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmad View Post
    Put Groco Strainer from GH on last night.

    Made a 6+ hr ride today.

    Got "temp" warning 3 times.

    All happened after a short-2 to 6 min "beverage stop.

    While ideling away after a short stop- beep- beep- temp--- limp mode----
    I immediately shut off engine-- waited 1-2 min and restarted--
    First 2 times this happened- all seemed well after 2nd restart and we continued riding.

    Last time it happened was in front of house - and took 3 restarts and a longer wait for things to return to normal.

    Only happened 4 times in 6 hour day with probably 15 start stop cycles.

    Anyone think the strainer is draining and it is taking too long to refill and get to the Hot engine?

    40 hrs on ski and never happened before I put on the strainer.

    Will try it again tomorrow where I can pull seat and watch strainer cup flow and see if I can duplicate hot issue.
    hmmmmm...thats sucks.......can u show how u mounted it?....might give us a better idea of what is happening................

  3. #3
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    hmmmmm...thats sucks.......can u show how u mounted it?....might give us a better idea of what is happening................
    Put 70 miles on Saturday with no issues. Plenty of starting & stopping, wot & tight circles. Once cup fills up it stays filled. Outflow on supercharger & engine was strong. How did you install it?


    Jim

  4. #4
    Had mine in the Gulf last week rode for about 1 hour then went to fill the tank up, as I was leaving marina at idle (no wake zone) buzzer went off turned it off for a minute cranked it back up check the pissers they were working and bumped the throttle and no more problems mine is all stock rode several more hours for the next 3 days and no worries maybe it was a fluke?

  5. #5
    wolfmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas- Houston
    Posts
    177
    Duplicate dproblem again today--

    Ran for 20-30 min got warmed up--
    Shut down for 5-7 min and when restarted- beeper went off after 10-15 seconds ideling---
    Did this twice--

    Pulled strainer and went back stock---all is well so far--
    Havn't been able to get warning again- will try more tomorrow.

    Installation is pretty straight-forward--
    Similar to jpack- except placed strainer on floor by bilge pump.
    It must be routed correctly because it cooled suffeciently at wot and cruising for 6+ hours.
    Plenty of hose so nice curves- no kinks-.

  6. #6
    wolfmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas- Houston
    Posts
    177
    Filter out- back to stock-
    Rode today- could Not get "temp" warning to come back on.

    having a hard time understanding how the Groco strainer set up could be "bad".?????

  7. #7
    ditch it, you dont need stress, your meant to be having a ball

  8. #8
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    425
    +1
    10
    What about intercoolers on these? Has anyone checked them out yet to see if they can get clogged easily? Or has anyone taken them apart to look/inspect one?

  9. #9
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmad View Post
    Filter out- back to stock-
    Rode today- could Not get "temp" warning to come back on.

    having a hard time understanding how the Groco strainer set up could be "bad".?????
    Hoses kinked or not allowing the water to flow.

  10. #10
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    is there a water flow direction on the strainer ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 sho when gets hot won't start
    By cheesewiz in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 09:01 PM
  2. 2012 FX Cruiser SHO won't run right until hot
    By poplawchuk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 12:13 PM
  3. FS Hot deal Powershot Fzr/s sho
    By Rocketman in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 08:03 AM
  4. ANY HOT SINGLE CHICKS ON THIS SITE???
    By CRAZEDRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
  5. Extrude Hone, and Jet Hot Group Package Deal
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •