04 GTX SC can't go pass 40mph

Hi Guys,
    I took my 04 GTX SC out today at the local lake and the engine sound went on and it says CHECK Engine. The GTX won't go above 35-40mph and my nephew took it out a few times and I hope its not because of the SC metal washer slipping. I have about 80hrs on the GTX.

Anybody know of a good dealer around Orange County, California that won't charge me and arm and leg to look at it? Or could help me with my GTX?

Thanks

The '04-'07 superchargers have ceramic washers. If you still have the ceramic washers and they let go and you continued to run the ski, you have serious problems. Take the inlet tube off the SC and see if you can turn the SC blades by hand. If you can, the washers are gone and ceramic bits are in both oil pumps... Ron

hmm..I will have to try that this weekend on the SC

thanks for letting me know

Check your spark plugs. That kept my speed down around 40-45 and 5800rpms. Replaced all three and I was back in business.

you are in limp mode. Push the set button 5 times and see what code comes up. Then look here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137
    Last edited by Trimer; 07-07-2008 at 09:12 PM.

I put in the key, it says MAINT REQ, push set 5 times, and it says "END" ...no error codes

I will probably call Corona Motor sports this Friday when I have time to bring it down to them

Anybody know if HAMH Motor sports is a good place? Its located in Orange County, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Trimer View Post
    you are in limp mode. Push the set button 5 times and see what code comes up. Then look here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137

Quote Originally Posted by guduf4u View Post
    I put in the key, it says MAINT REQ, push set 5 times, and it says "END" ...no error codes

I will probably call Corona Motor sports this Friday when I have time to bring it down to them

Anybody know if HAMH Motor sports is a good place? Its located in Orange County, CA
    If you turn the ski off, the codes are lost. You need to do the Set botton before you turn off the engine... Ron

oh ok...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    If you turn the ski off, the codes are lost. You need to do the Set botton before you turn off the engine... Ron

Thread Information