MSX150 excessive oil pressure? RPM now 6800

I recently flipped my 2004 Polaris MSX 150 and it ran upside down for about 20 seconds. After that the machine has been giving me problems. It currently pushes oil out of the Oil Separator (small hole on top) almost every time I ride which goes into the engin compartment. I have done a lot of work on the machine to try to fix the problem from oil getting into everything in the engin. I have taken the air intake box off and cleaned, took out the innercooler and cleaned with parts cleaner, replaced spark plugs that were fowled out, replaced oxygen sensor that was fowled out, replaced Boost control valve kit (wastegate silinoide), cleaned upper and lower manifold pressure sensors with parts cleaner, and refilled oil to proper level. After doing all of this the machine ran perfect for about 1-2 hours, than I started to have problems again with oil comming out of the Oil Separator (small hole on top) into the engin compartment. The machine started to have loss of power, and started to smoke a little. The RPM's now usually only hit about 6800 and the boost isn't maxed out most of the time. My top speed went from around 70 to about 55. No codes come up at this time.

Does anyone have any info about what else could be wrong??
    Thanks Paul
    Last edited by gtp; 07-07-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: More title information

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtp View Post
    ...refilled oil to proper level...
    Do you know the markings on the dipstick are incorrect?

Full on the dipstick when the engine is cold is actually overfull when the engine is hot.

There are other threads discussing this problem with the MSX 150 and MSX 110 contaminating the air intake with oil when the oil level is filled up to the dipstick marking.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Do you know the markings on the dipstick are incorrect?

Full on the dipstick when the engine is cold is actually overfull when the engine is hot.

There are other threads discussing this problem with the MSX 150 and MSX 110 contaminating the air intake with oil when the oil level is filled up to the dipstick marking.
    My guess, also....

What are the steps you take, to check the oil level? Walk us through them...!

+1
    Hi gtp, WELCOME to the forums!!

Right I followed the instructions posted here on the forum as they were more detailed

Thread Information