Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile How to Run in the SHO?

Hi there i have just got my SHO at last (In Black) she looks bloody lovely but have crap weather over here in the uk at the moment! so when i do get out hopefully this thursday (Day off!!) how do you advise to run in? as per manufacturers guidelines?? or the drive it like you stole it method?? If so can you run it past me again how you do it!

Very happy SHO owner!!

first of all, make sure you use the correct 2 stroke oil and lift up your front seat and pour it into where the black cap is

SHO

The jetski has had its pdi and is filled fully with the right oil! which way did you run in your jetski?

went easy for the first 45 minutes then belted it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooff View Post
    first of all, make sure you use the correct 2 stroke oil and lift up your front seat and pour it into where the black cap is
    i was only jokeing with you its been talked to death

regarding breakin of SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzeejohnnyb View Post
    Hi there i have just got my SHO at last (In Black) she looks bloody lovely but have crap weather over here in the uk at the moment! so when i do get out hopefully this thursday (Day off!!) how do you advise to run in? as per manufacturers guidelines?? or the drive it like you stole it method?? If so can you run it past me again how you do it!

Very happy SHO owner!!
    Get on it and run it up back and forth for 1-1.5 hours (letting it cool every 20-30 mins for 15 mins-then ride it like you stole it....

I followed the instructions fairly well. I left it in reduced mode to hold the RPM's under 5K for the first .6 hours. Once over 1.5 hours, I opened it up. It runs at 68-70 indicated pretty easily.

I ran mine for 1.5 hrs like this. very the rpm and very the load, run for 15 min then let cool for 10. while running it do a few full throttle blasts for 5 seconds, other wise no constant rpms. forget about cuise control until you have 2-3 hours on it. Anyway I'm running 68.6 and thats how I broke her in.

Quote Originally Posted by andygpr748 View Post
    I ran mine for 1.5 hrs like this. very the rpm and very the load, run for 15 min then let cool for 10. while running it do a few full throttle blasts for 5 seconds, other wise no constant rpms. forget about cuise control until you have 2-3 hours on it. Anyway I'm running 68.6 and thats how I broke her in.
    I'm running 68.6 with all the mods listed..i can't wait to get my SHO

Wow Yami, that gpr should be running faster than that with all those mods?! When are you supposed to got your SHO and what color?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information