Thread: skat vs solas

skat vs solas

I Have A 1999 Sea Doo GSXL that I just replaced stock pump with a used 148 Skat Trak magnum pump, I need help choosing a impeller, It now has a super slim line 13-24 that cavitates out of the hole pretty bad, nice cavitation burns! Wear ring and bearings are new. I was thinking a Skat d-75 swirl or Solas Concord .Thanks for any info>

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brb99 View Post
    I Have A 1999 Sea Doo GSXL that I just replaced stock pump with a used 148 Skat Trak magnum pump, I need help choosing a impeller, It now has a super slim line 13-24 that cavitates out of the hole pretty bad, nice cavitation burns! Wear ring and bearings are new. I was thinking a Skat d-75 swirl or Solas Concord .Thanks for any info>
    I would take contact with Skat Trak to let them recommend you what impeller to use. I would know the setup for the stock pump, but the magnum pump is something different. I would stick with the skat trak impeller since the pump is specialy build for this impeller.
    Last edited by aruba yamaha; 07-07-2008 at 09:23 AM.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by brb99 View Post
    This prop when pitched properly and bent properly will make your ski a rocket. I'd recommend sending it to Impros for the works, inform David what mods you have and he will bend it accordingly.

FYI...the outer edges of the prop get worn from sucking sand through it. When this happens, it starts cavitating, inaddition to the leading edges being boogered up. The works takes care of all this.

Check him out...www.impros.com

Thread Information