Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Im from holland

Seadoo XP project ( Dutch )

Hello all,

I am lars and i'm Dutch. I have bought a seadoo xp, licenced in 97, green white.I have bought it completely in peaces. ( i am looking for a manual ) I have seen a movie on youtube about seadoo's and repairs and the said you were the site to be at haha so i registerd.

Firts i am getting everything off the hull so everything can be cleand an renewd!

I am working on the jet part now but i cant get the part off the hull that had the impellor in it. I have removed the 4 bolds and the cone and the oil. The impellor housing sould come of now ? is it oxidated on to the bolds ore something? Is the housing gluwd on to the hull ( superglu understand? )

Thanks already !
    Lars

Probably just held on by silicon sealant at this point. Try rocking it side to side and up and down to break the pump loose. Alot of pulling and a little cursing usually gets it.

Otherwise, the driveshaft may be seized to the pump. You can remove the driveshaft and pump together if its seized. Just remove the driveshaft retaining clip and PTO boot clamps near the engine. Then the pump housing and driveshaft can be removed as one.

Repair manuals (in english) are available for download and are linked from this site.

Goodluck!

Im from holland
    oke , jes i see the silicone liguid sealing.

Here are some pic's

Jet

Inside

It wont come off super stuck xD

Greetings,

+1
    keep pulling

or what you could do is put a couple of 2x4's across the back of the ski. drill some holes in the 2x4 and pass some threaded rod into the nuts for the nozzles. put some nuts and washer on the outside of the 2x4 and tighten the nut (keep the threaded rod from turning). alternate tightening the nuts and the pump will pull out.

He's right. Mine was a beotch too!! Took me a couple hours to finally break it free!! Bare in mind you are gonan need a new neoprene seal. Or in my case, i just peeled off what was left of the old seal, and used 3M marine sealent before i re-assembled everything.

Im from holland
    Oke i have welding acuipment so i will construct a divice

I have seen a divice in the seadoo manual, but i wonderd if it was posible without a divice but i dont think so haha

Ill let you hear when i have more questions..

Thanks all,

Edit ..

The skidplate can oly come of when the jet is off right ?

+1
    welcome to the forum dutchy

Im from holland
    Thanks ! Nice to be here.

I have found a lot of info on this forum allready!

I have bought a new electronical box from some one ( skireparts ) in the USA. It will be send to me tomorrow. I think it will come in 1 to 2 weeks. In one week i will be a week on holiday so i cant work on the ski than.

I bought the ski for little money think recalculated to USD 1000 dollars. And it was in peaces. I was missing the complete electra the box was in the ski but it was empty Damn ! That was a bot of a disapointment but i hope it will be beter when i get the box from the usa.

What needs to be done on my ski :

Engine rebuilding
    New pistons, oversizing the bore
    New Crankshaft bearings
    New paint for the engine
    New electrics ( orders from the usa )
    Overall fresh up and adjustment.

Im taking everything apart and i will look at everything so i can see whats good and whats not. Everything is stuck so it's hard workt haha.

Here in the netherlands everything is super expensive. New crank will kost 750 euro (1000 usd) new pistons and a hone 400 euro (550 usd). Better to live in the states with a waterscooter.

Greetings,
    Lars

+1
    He Lars, leuk om een andere Nederlander op greenhulk te zien. Je hebt blijkbaar een 1993 of 1994 sea doo xp met een 650 motor. Je kan het bouwjaar zien aan de laatse twee cijfers van de chassis nummer. Ik raad je aan om onderdelen te halen bij www.atlanticjetsports.com Ze versturen wereldwijd en hebben best wel goede prijzen. Beter dan in Nederland althans. Ze verkopen een complete kit met krukas (hot rods, hele goede krukas) , zuigers en veren en alle pakingen en oiliekeerringen voor ongeveer 599 dollars.
    Groetjes
    Last edited by aruba yamaha; 07-08-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Banned User
    This thread rocks! Exciting to see a boat being rebuilt in Holland.

And please, some photos of your shop too!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information