best place for rxp bildge switch,pump thru hull

1.I saw pale rider install of the rule 3-way switch (model 41) in the how to bildge pump in the technical section but it will not fit there on the rxp as the glove box is shorter. on the bottom surface is another option but switch might get wet from wet gloves, sun glasses or taking on a bit of water.

2.the bilge pump instructions says not to do a loop as it may cause water traps, and may airlock what ever that means.

3.where would be a good place to place the atwood 3/4 ss thru hull on the rxp where i can see it so i can get a heads up if i am taking on water even if it means me changing the thru hull to another type.

thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments

I used a rule-auto 500 which uses a float switch. It is hooked up to a relay and then I have a 2-way rocker switch. When the lanyard is plugged in the bilge is in automatic mode. When the lanyard is plugged then with the 2 way rocker switch, with it forward it is automatic mode, with it back it is in manual mode.
    When the lanyard is pulled the bilge is off.

I've tested and tested and works great. It has even turned on once when I forgot to put the plugs in.

I also have a leak water detector which sets off a 90db alarm if water gets in the hull. ebay for like 20 bucks.

1FastTrespiper vbmenu_register("postmenu_77015", true); thanks pictures are worth a 1000 words i did a search and did not find your install with pics.thats exactly what i thought to be the place to install the switch on the rxp what about water that stays on the bottom would it hurt the switch it is said to be water resistant but that fuse holder looks kind of none resistant.

what about your tow hook will it be less strong now with the atwood thru hull?
    i thought of trying to find a place for it so i can see the water squirting out so i can get a heads up, what do you think?

i also bought a fuse holder for the battery. you are not using the switch fuse?

thanks for the response

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Just asking....whats wrong with the builge system thats on the SeaDoo?

I know it's not as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by majundecid
    Just asking....whats wrong with the builge system thats on the SeaDoo?

I know it's not as fast.
    it only works if you are moving if you are docked or just chilling in the middle of the lake your bailer tubes do not work and they don't sense for water so if you are taking on water and you are not in motion you will still sink

i still don't understand why brp does not make this for every machine out there i would have gladly paid an extra $100.00 for this feature with the sticker price

on my 9th hour break in period my ski sank while atached to the dock in front of a restaurant the automatic bildge pump would have probably saved this hassle if it was installed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by daverxp4
    what about water that stays on the bottom would it hurt the switch it is said to be water resistant but that fuse holder looks kind of none resistant. I never get water in there.

what about your tow hook will it be less strong now with the atwood thru hull? The tow hook is reinforced there so I don't think It's a problem. besides its a high performance ski you shouldn't be towing with it.

i thought of trying to find a place for it so i can see the water squirting out so i can get a heads up, what do you think? If you put it where you could see it do you think you would look at it all the time?

i also bought a fuse holder for the battery. you are not using the switch fuse? no i'm not using the switch fuse, only use it if you wire it up to the fuse panel. if you wire it to the battery make the fuse as close to the battery as possible.
    thanks for the response
    Hope this helps!

sure does thanks

you are running a 2.5 amp fuse thats what rule anyways recomends.

and as close to the battery could i leave a second fuse 2.5 amp in the switch also or that just dosen't make sense?

i will basically follow the bildge pump instalation instructions provided with the bildge pump and 3 way switch.as i am not very good with electrical stuff.

Thread Information