Riva Stage 1 Kit

I have an 08 RXT-x and was wondering if the Riva stage 1 kit was worth the money? It is bone stock now. Any info would be helpfull. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shortfused View Post
    I have an 08 RXT-x and was wondering if the Riva stage 1 kit was worth the money? It is bone stock now. Any info would be helpfull. Thanks
    Try doing a search. I have seen posts where 3-5 mph were gained. You might also want to do the "free mods". You can pick up a few mph with those... Ron

+1
    "is it worth it" is relative to the user. check the mods database and use the search.. You have a goal in mind for the cost. see if it compares to what others have purchased and have gotten for their bang for the buck.

to some yes, to other no... up to you and how deep your wallet is willing to go.

what are the free mods king of fun

I'm waiting for stage 2 to see what additional speeds can be gained over and above the stage 1.

Still pretty pricey though at over 200 per mph for the stage 1 and then you need to add the install labor. I have a cool dealer and still he wants 400 bones to install a full stage 1.

So do the math and that's $266 per mph to get 6 mph over stock...

Now maybe I'm crazy holding out because I'm sure stage 2 will be really high dollar, but I'd rather go in big and have it all done at the same time rather than do this incrementally.

Still, I have lightly modded my X and am really happy with it. R&D grate was the best mod to date. Stock one yeilds terrible gas mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttogofaster215hp View Post
    what are the free mods king of fun
    Fill the ride plate holes, trim the reverse bucket (especially if you have a wedge), grind the grate to match the rideplate, fill the grate holes, make sure your oil is at the middle of the bends (or a little lower), and pitch the impeller to 8100 rpms are a few that come to mind. Then a cheap mod would be the Kanoflex rear intake.. Ron

Really quick... I baselined at 68.2mph GPS consistantly stock with tools, two bottles of water, a towel and always over 1/2 tank on board (except for a fluke 68.9mph when I let out a big fart... could never reproduce that speed).

1.) Riva 3" air intake - $239 (you could home-make something for prob. $100)
    2.) Riva Intake Grate - $140
    3.) Reverse bucket trimmed - $7 (for dremel cut-off wheels and dremel flapper sander wheel)
    4.) Drill holes through intake grate/ride plate tab/pump shoe - 8$ (for titanium drill bit)

This is what I have and I gained a consistant 3+mph (see sig.) and a DEFINITE increase in accelleration and fuel economy with at least the same as stock holeshot. $400 and about 4 hours of my time to perform these mods... and I never before have worked on a PWC, nor did I have any special tools besides a drill and an old worn out $50 Dremel.

Next mods for me...

1.) Fill ride plate bolt holes with "Right Stuff" - $14
    2.) Prop (starting with a Solas 15/22R and will re-pitch if needed) - $300
    3.) Riva Free-Flow exhaust (supposedly no gains, but for $80 why not) - $80

My intake grate alreadly matches up 100% with the ride plate so no work for me to do there, and I "Right-Stuffed" (silicone, kind of) any tiny gaps between the intake grate and the hull.

In the end, I should be at ~74mph without a wedge, VTS rod, Reduction Nozzle or OPAS blockoffs with KILLER accelleration and near-stock handling with my OPAS in tact (I like the way it feels with it on).

-=Mike G.

Thread Information