Another New 250 Owner

OMG!!!!! Got the new Ultra out on conroe and could not believe the ride on that hull in that CHop we call a lake.

I am sore, and I know ya'll are going to point fingers and laugh, but I prefer the SLO key. << OLD MAN....

I did have a bit of bad luck. I hit some silt by the boat ramp, should I have the dealer look at it on the 10 hour check?

I had the biggest smile on my face when I took her out the second time Sunday morning.

What kind of anchor and bumpers should I buy? Help is appreciated.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    OMG!!!!! Got the new Ultra out on conroe and could not believe the ride on that hull in that CHop we call a lake.

I am sore, and I know ya'll are going to point fingers and laugh, but I prefer the SLO key. << OLD MAN....

I did have a bit of bad luck. I hit some silt by the boat ramp, should I have the dealer look at it on the 10 hour check?

I had the biggest smile on my face when I took her out the second time Sunday morning.

What kind of anchor and bumpers should I buy? Help is appreciated.

Bill
    Welcome to the forum Bill. The anchor I have is the sand bag one. I haven't even used it yet. Usually we just beach our ski's so there is no need for anchors. Although if you really don't want to put any scuffs on the hull you can set anchor a few feet out. It's always good to have one just in case there are rocks, etc.

My dad has the bumpers. They are okay went sitting VERY still. But if your docked and another boat zooms by and creates a wake, the ski will rock side to side and usually scratches a mirror on the dock etc...from my experience.

-M.C.

Great to see another Conroe user. Welcome!

Welcome to the forums. I got my Ultra 250X at the beginning of may and I love the thing.. I used to beach the ski until I seen the scuffing on the hull I just made a little anchor out of 2" square tubing and some 10" bolts. it hold the ski in spot... Hope you keep enjoying the ski..

Yay! Another rider for Lake washing machine . I can't praise that Ultra hull enough. I responded to your PM before I saw your post here

I have the sand type anchor but haven't used it either. I'm pretty fortunate where I dock the ski which is on the backside of the condo dock which also has a nice cushy material for the ski to rub against and we get zero wake because of where we are in the Walden Marina cove.

Grats on your Ultra. Hopefully you got the faster red one. Did you get it at ProPowersports on 105?

-Glenn

nah, I went to Tomball Kawasaki. Tina tore up their price.

I rode that thing Saturday and Sunday and all I can think about is riding it some more. This thing is like CRACK.

I don't know if you were out but I got caught in that Rain storm on Saturday.

I didn't put it on the water this weekend. Did some 2 wheel riding and watched the parade of boats from the balcony. That was quite a downpour.

I got mine in Tomball as well. They're great to buy from but the worst to get serviced by. It's almost as though they don't want your service.

Thread Information