Keep gettin water in carbs

I am new at pwc's so i don't know much about em......I have a 94 sl750 and it seems like theres always water in the hull and every time i flip it gets water in the carbs. The only way to get the water out is to pull it out and pull the plug. Is there any type of bilge pump i can install and is there a trick to keeping the water outta the carbs????

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

Always turn it back towards upright in the direction marked on the hull sticker on the rear. Carbs up, exhaust down as it turns over. You do not want to dip the carbs down into the water inside the hull as you turn it over.

Have you removed the OEM rubber snorkel piece that fits onto the end of the air box? That snorkel is supposed to face downwards. When the hull is inverted, it would face upwards, keeping the water out of the air intake.

Is the big air tube still attached to the bottom of the seat? That is there to keep water from flooding into the hull when the PWC is inverted in the water.

Is the seat seal still in good shape, and the seat fits tightly to the hull?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Need to find out how the water is getting into the hull.Back it into the water on the trailer(with the ski secure) far enough to have the water intake covered and run it,Look for leaking hoses and down were the driveshaft from the pump comes thru the hull. The hull should stay dry,unless water is getting in were it shouldn't. The seal on the thru hull my be bad.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You should have 2 siphon hoses that remove water from the hull as you are under power.

Yes, you can buy and install a bilge pump.

You really need to find the cause of the water intrusion before it leaves you stranded.

+1
    94 SL750, double check the seat seal, right front corner inparticular.
    You can also start filling the hull with water and see if water exits through the thru-hull fitting, speedo pick up etc.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    You should have 2 siphon hoses that remove water from the hull as you are under power...
    Make sure those siphons are installed properly.
    The ends with the mesh filter screens need to be right down in the bottom of the hull, one on each side of the jet pump tunnel. Make sure the screens are clear, not clogged.

The plastic elbows in the middle of each siphon tube need to be mounted up high, near the bottom edge of the seat somewhere. There is a small hole in the side of each siphon. Make SURE those little holes are not clogged.

Also make sure the siphon hoses are in good shape, no cracks or kinks in the hoses, and the other ends are properly connected to the nipples on the inside of the hull, where the jet pump mounting bolts are.

Also check that the two rubber hoses that run alongside the actual jet pump under the rear deck are in place.

If the siphon hoses are not set up as I have described, they can bring water INTO the hull - not what you want.

Thread Information