Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Got the LOPR blues

Hello Polaris gods, I need help. Just got the Jeep project done so the 96 SL 780 went in the shop! Cleaned it up good, had it all apart new fuel lines oil lines new bilge pump ect. Put in a new bat and fired it up. Sounded good but got the LOPR on the MFD. Tried to do the reset on the MFD but the buttons donít seem to work all the time? I took it to the water, just to see what it would do, and as always it fires right up, still the lopr on the MFD and the volts showed 1.5 when running I putted around for a bit then came back in to check it. Motor was not too hot, no water inside looked good. So back out I went, ran ok but no real power, felt like rev limiter was on, highest RPM was 4160, power trim worked fine. Could get it out on top and get going good but would not go over the 4160, but once for just a sec it shot to over 5500 and felt like it got a shot of NOS! Now I'm thinking a short or something but not sure? Any ideas? Thanks for any help. Ed

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check the actual voltage at the battery using a multi-meter.

Should be 11ish volts cranking if the battery is healthy, and 14.x volts when running.

Sometimes just disconnecting the battery for a few hours will reset the MFD and fix the LOPR, if that is all it needs.

When you reconnect the battery, do it in one solid move. Connect, hold it there and tighten the bolt. Bouncing the connection while hooking up can confuse the MFD internally.

Otherwise, start checking grounds and other battery related connections, including the engine block ground cable from the battery (check both ends), and both ends of the positive battery cable.

Take the connections apart, check for corrosion. Clean, re-assemble, and apply some Nyogel dielectric grease to keep them in good shape.

+1
    You need to solve the LOW POWER issue first.
    Press the two buttons at the same time until the CAL comes on and then while keeping the right one pressed down, click the left one five times and then hold until the battery voltage reads correctly.
    Somewhere around 12.5 volts.
    I may have the procedure wrong but it's in the tech section under Fuji electrical.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    You need to solve the LOW POWER issue first.
    Press the two buttons at the same time until the CAL comes on and then while keeping the right one pressed down, click the left one five times and then hold until the battery voltage reads correctly.
    Somewhere around 12.5 volts.
    I may have the procedure wrong but it's in the tech section under Fuji electrical.
    Thanks! I did try to reset the MFD but it would not go to CAL, so I dont know if the MFD is bad or what? I did split the box today and pulled the gray wire in the yard and the RPM's went to over 6000 when I hit the gas. Still showed LOPR.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The grey wire only temporarily solves your problem.

Put a voltmeter on the battery and find out what the actual voltage is when running. It should be over 14 volts. If not, you have a problem that needs addressed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by firediver View Post
    Thanks! I did try to reset the MFD but it would not go to CAL, so I dont know if the MFD is bad or what? I did split the box today and pulled the gray wire in the yard and the RPM's went to over 6000 when I hit the gas. Still showed LOPR.
    Keep working at resetting the MFD, you need to get it to the CAL mode. I had one that was a pain in the butt-keep trying, you'll get it to reset.

What I tryed so far

Took off the neg bat cable for 2 hrs and tried to reset the MFD, did like you said and took plug off MFD and then hooked up the bat, held neg cable till it was tight. Same result, I don't think the SET button is working? MODE works, but will not go to CAL. Like I said I ran it with the gray wire off and the RPM's went over 6000. Can you run it like that? I am going to recheck all the connections in the box and all grounds to be sure they are good. I will let you know. Thanks! Ed Oh and I did check the volts at the MFD plug, 12.2-12.5 and the bat showes 12.7 its new
    Last edited by firediver; 07-10-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Ok did clean and check all leeds pos and neg hooked it all back up and the same LOPR? maybe the MFD is bad?

+1
    Send me the MFD, I'll get the LoPor off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information