Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FX High Output

+1

FX High Output

I know this belongs on the yami side but does anybody know the realistic top speed of a 160hp 4 stroke high output fx waverunner?

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Well I tried the FX high output cruiser one time and speedo was at about 55-60 I think. The ride was amazing though. Super comfy seats.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    on GPS... 58-60

don't forget to bring a magazine and a cup of coffee to put in the cup holder

4. +1 by:

+1
    thanks. i just saw 59-60 on the riva site. i think thats what the water cops have on the lake i ride at. all i know is they have two 3 seater yamahas and i might try to outrun them if i have any outstanding parking tickets

+1
    A "lake" is not the best place to try to outrun the law. Get caught and you'll wish you paid those parking tickets when they are taking your mug shot.
    Richard

I like my FX 160 alot. It has the rpm kit on it which is very well worth the $$$. I am now use to how it handles in the surf. It is a great ski. Great gas mileage 64-65mph gps. Good jumper provided you have 3 ft or bigger swells.

In the chop it will smoke the RXP ( stock ) but in the flat It's asta la bye bye.

Believe it or not, the stupid cup holder does come in handy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    A "lake" is not the best place to try to outrun the law. Get caught and you'll wish you paid those parking tickets when they are taking your mug shot.
    Richard
    i was only kidding. i have no parking tickets. i truly wanted to brag to friends that are clueless and like to entertain the thought of escaping police.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hornet
    In the chop it will smoke the RXP ( stock ) but in the flat It's asta la bye bye.
    I was riding with a friend last weekend who has a 2005 GPR and we raced an 06 GPR and FX HO. The guy with the GPR said he only had 6 hours on it (still breaking it in) and had a best GPS of 63mph (seems slow ). Im not sure about the hours and stuff on the FX HO but I walked by both of them in chop. It was 2~3 foot chop, boat wake so it was really messy and we were going into a steady 10~15mph wind. I was pretty much even with my friends GPR. His best top speed is like 69mph. My info is in my sig.

[In the chop it will smoke the RXP]

My friend has two new ones, i blow him away in chop or flat. His does 58-60 gps. I have an rxt. I have a question, are the rxp's that bad in chop? They would have to really suck in chop, if they get beat by an FX. They are a nice pwc, but they seem pretty slow compared to a stock rxt.
    Last edited by mrchinup; 07-13-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid
    I was riding with a friend last weekend who has a 2005 GPR and we raced an 06 GPR and FX HO. The guy with the GPR said he only had 6 hours on it (still breaking it in) and had a best GPS of 63mph (seems slow ). Im not sure about the hours and stuff on the FX HO but I walked by both of them in chop. It was 2~3 foot chop, boat wake so it was really messy and we were going into a steady 10~15mph wind. I was pretty much even with my friends GPR. His best top speed is like 69mph. My info is in my sig.
    You certainly would walk the both of them. And a stock FX for sure. But mine is not stock. It also depends on the rider. If they have the B-balls to hold on and punch it in the chop. The 2 guys that I have raced punched it, 1 resulting in a throw off and that guy was neck and neck with me until then. The second guy punched it and slowly but surely every time he hit the chop and didn't get a good bite he would slow down as I sped up. He would have benefited greatly with a scoop grate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information