Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RXP-X Turbo

RXP-X Turbo

Should I go with the piranha c-kit??! Or should I go with the Riva stage 1?? Gibson exhaust for a start?? After taking my time thinking I decided to go turbo.

Are there any companies that make turbo kits that I could just bolt on and run without doing much modification? And what turbo size and brand would be the best to run?? What else do I need to get or can get additional to the kit that will make my ski go faster.

Thank you for your time and help.

Faisal

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    There is a kit right here in the online store, but you should know its work and requires tuning and setting up your ski good to be safe. i dont know your experience level and so dont take this wrong but you might think about working your way up to a turbo or you can learn fast on a crash course just be warned.

Banned User
    If you'll wait a bit Riva is going to release there Stage 4 turbo kit which should be alittle more user friendly.

Alex

+1
    As said before im not aware of your knowledge as far as the working of these engines go, what i do know is that a turbo build will not be straight forward. You are going to need to look very seriously at your fueling and engine management. then going to need a air fuel ratio meter to check your set up because if your engine is lean it wont last long before you get a sore a$$ and an even bigger hole in your wallet to put things right. Then when you gat the engine right you are going to have to get your pump right as wel. Plus there is still the problem with overstuffing the x pump, now i know there is a fix involving drilling holes in the pump shoe and i think on the most part this has worked with the faster skis but im sure i have read that people have still been bucked evan with the holes drilled, maybe wrong tho. Now dont get me wrong if you do go down the turbo road u will have 1 bad ass ski and no sc problems to worry about. IMO I dnt think that you will be able to build a turbo that will allow you to ride all summer with out having to lift the seat and fix something. I think that most that have turbos or have built and set them up will tell you that it is hard work. If you are not confident in all asspect of our skis i would go with something proven and as said before build your way up to a turbo. My 0.2 R88

meirvin I had a look at the kit but It doesn’t seem that high-quality to me. I could fabricate and customize a manifold that’s going to look much more professional and its going to position the turbo in a much more better place in the hull.

Alex ill wait for the Riva kit and see what they come up with.

R88pry RXP thank u for replying... I’m sure that ill face a bit of humps here and there on the way till I get it running 100% but I’m going to take it step by step and research more and do it with the help of some one that’s much more professional in this kind of field than me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by effective View Post
    meirvin I had a look at the kit but It doesnít seem that high-quality to me. I could fabricate and customize a manifold thatís going to look much more professional and its going to position the turbo in a much more better place in the hull.

Alex ill wait for the Riva kit and see what they come up with.

The first thing you should start researching is who builds the online kit and who runs this forum!!

If the person runing this forum is using his built kits it dosent mean its the best out there. im not saying the kits are bad but in my openion i think it can be improved in some areas. Just my personal openion.
    Last edited by effective; 07-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.

I love this post!

loool codymousee54321 this post loves u 2.

Just so that there’s no miss understanding or miss communication i opened up this post to get feedback and give my opinion. i don’t want to start any friction between me or any one else.
    Last edited by effective; 07-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information