Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need info on digital wrench

Well I have a post on down on a check engine light, I could find no fix and there is only one dealer that will work on it and it will be two weeks before they can even get to it. So here is my question, where can I get a digital wrench, is it a hand held tester, or a computer program for a lap top or what, I really am in a hard spot and Im gonna have to fix it myself but I need to get the dtc's. Please help.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Digital Wrench is a Polaris software + hardware kit that connects a laptop to the PWC. Polaris restricts the Digital Wrench distribution to authorized Polaris dealers.

Talk to Randy at www.watcon.com. There is an alternative program available for the Weber engines, I think.

I talked to Randy at watcon, he did check for me and the software for the bosch me is not avaiable through him for resale and is on a 9 month back order through polaris.

Digital wrench

Hi,
    You will find everything here!
    http://www.polaris.spx.com/DisplayByChild.aspx?tid=23

Good luck!
    Tibor

Quote Originally Posted by pokaiattila View Post
    Hi,
    You will find everything here!
    http://www.polaris.spx.com/DisplayByChild.aspx?tid=23

Good luck!
    Tibor

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT LOG ON TO THIS ABOVE SITE, YOU NEED TO BE AWARE THAT THIS SITE IS A "POLARIS DEALER ONLY" SITE!! YOU ARE NOT EVEN TO SUPPOSE TO BE ABLE TO VIEW IT

YOU CANNOT ORDER FROM THEM (SPX), PLUS THAT PRICING IS POLARIS DEALER PRICING ONLY.

AS FAR AS YOU GETTING THE SOFTWARE AND ALL THE CABLES YOU NEED, I SUGGEST HIGHLY THAT YOU WAIT ON THE DEALER. THE COST FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED, FOR YOUR MSX, COST ME ,OVER $560 PLUS SHIPPING ALONE, LET ALONE, IF I RESOLD IT,IF I COULD, THE CABLES ARE NOT EVEN AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 08 SOMETIME

SORRY
    prochamp
    Last edited by prochamp; 07-08-2008 at 12:18 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluewarchief View Post
    I talked to Randy at watcon, he did check for me and the software for the bosch me is not avaiable through him for resale and is on a 9 month back order through polaris.
    cheif, PM me, there are several guys on the board that have the system and a couple even willing to sell the basic system. There are a lot of Polaris dealers that have tubed and they are willing to part with their equipment as well...it's just not for public viewing.

Hmmmnn, I might just have to sell my cables if the wait is that long.

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluewarchief View Post
    That seems strange...look at this catalog page from Watcon:

http://www.watcon.com/Catalog_Pages/...c_Software.htm

MSX-150 Diagnostics

Pro-champ is right.. That page is for dealers only, and even their pricing is outdated..

To order & receive the diagnostic software, the wait time is approx 9 months.. The software I offer is "diagnostics only" for the Walbro ECU, and the MSX series uses a Bosch ECU. It's truly sad that very few dealers have this software, and there is probably some sitting unused at dealerships (like Al suggested)..

I wish I had a solution to this problem.. I am open to ideas & suggestions?

Regards,
    Randy

Well maybe somone could post the software on a torrent, or maybe here. (would polaris care if it got out?, maybe a torrent might be more safe) Then somone could reverse engineer the cable. I am sure it is not that complicated. I did make my own OBDII cable for my car.

Just curious, is the plug on the ECU or EMM a fairly standard one?

Quote Originally Posted by rob2337 View Post
    Well maybe somone could post the software on a torrent, or maybe here. (would polaris care if it got out?, maybe a torrent might be more safe) Then somone could reverse engineer the cable. I am sure it is not that complicated. I did make my own OBDII cable for my car.

Just curious, is the plug on the ECU or EMM a fairly standard one?
    ALSO
    cheif, PM me, there are several guys on the board that have the system and a couple even willing to sell the basic system. There are a lot of Polaris dealers that have tubed and they are willing to part with their equipment as well...it's just not for public viewing.

Hmmmnn, I might just have to sell my cables if the wait is that long.

May I highly suggest that you do not do this!!

I have talked to Polaris about this issue, with Digital Wrench, and here is there Stance

Digital Wrench is Owned by Polaris Industires and is propriatary. They own the rights to usage and sale of the Software and cables as Well

ALL Current Polaris Dealers Have Digital Wrench no matter what they tell you.

The Dealerships have the right to work on whatever part of the Polaris Lineup that they want to, so some Dealers do Not have all the cables needed for watercraft,nor do they work on them !!

The Software contains the complete lineup of Polaris Vehicles and is SOLD to the Dealerships. Its NOT FREE !!

To PROTECT the Polaris Dealers ,They will not sell the software outside of the Polaris Dealership and are monitioring it for illegal activity, and will procede against anyway that is found to be using it illegally. They now have a group, at Polaris Industries, that is responsible, for monitoring this, as MANY dealers have complained, about pirated usage!! And they CAN do this with Serial numbers and registration!

SO anytime this is posted it more then likely is being read by them as well

If the software had been written seperately, with just watercraft, then it might be a different scenario, and maybe someone, with big $$$$, could purchase the right to the Watercraft side of the Software from Polaris and have it re-written!!

But until then , be very careful as IT IS BEING WATCHED VERY ClOSELY

Bombardier does this same thing with B.U.D.S !

prochamp
    Last edited by prochamp; 07-10-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information