Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

XPS oil alternative....

I did a quick search thinking i'd find a ton about this, but no luck.

I've talked to a couple people about running something cheaper then XPS oil in my 96XP. And The concensus seems to be that as long as it's TCW3 it should be fine. Any suggestions on this?? And is it considerably cheaper then the Sea-Doo XPS oil?? ($40ish a gallon) If it's only a matter of savin 10 bucks or less, i'll prob stick with the XPS oil.

BTW i pre-mix too

+1
    Amsoil Interceptor. After 100 hours of use, my gas valves on my GPR were clean. Many of the GPR guys use it in their powervalve motors. Low smoke too.

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Amsoil Interceptor. After 100 hours of use, my gas valves on my GPR were clean. Many of the GPR guys use it in their powervalve motors. Low smoke too.
    Is that considerably cheaper then XPS oil??

+1
    when I order a case, [4 gallons] its typically like 103.00 shipped to my door. that is with my amsoil preferred membership price. Anybody can get the pricing. 10.00 for six months or 20.00 a year. no matter how much oil you buy. Been running in all my ECHO lawn tools also for over 6 years.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996XP View Post
    I did a quick search thinking i'd find a ton about this, but no luck.

I've talked to a couple people about running something cheaper then XPS oil in my 96XP. And The concensus seems to be that as long as it's TCW3 it should be fine. Any suggestions on this?? And is it considerably cheaper then the Sea-Doo XPS oil?? ($40ish a gallon) If it's only a matter of savin 10 bucks or less, i'll prob stick with the XPS oil.

BTW i pre-mix too

The oil needs to be a API TC due to the power valves and the high reving of the engine. The AMSOIL Interceptor oil is quite a bit less with the preferred customer plan as RX951 stated. Here is a link to the preferred customer plan. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...n/preferredapp

I love amsoil, don't get me wrong. I've used it in my 350Z since the day i got her and in every other car. But unless i can pick this up in a store, i don't like having to order oil every time i use it, or having to meet up with a rep, sit through a mini informercial, and have other products forced onto me as well. Like has happened in the past with Amsoil reps! That's why i haven't gotten a membership. cause i can go to my local auto store here and het the amsoil i use for my car. Leave with only Amsoil. And not be hassled.

I'm looking for a cheap alternative to XPS oil that i can go and redily pick up in a store such as wal-mart, etc. That is still just as safe to use, and will yield a savings of $10 or more over the XPS oil. If this doesn't exist, it's no big loss. I'm just curious.

Again i LOVE Amsoil!!! It's just to much of a PITA to get.
    Last edited by 1996XP; 07-08-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Stop Obama Express
    Ever since my drifting/racing days, i've lived by this qoute:

Gotta pay to play

Quote Originally Posted by 240witSR View Post
    Ever since my drifting/racing days, i've lived by this qoute:

Gotta pay to play
    I'm with ya. It's not like it's hurting me to pay the $$. But i know companies want you to use their brand of parts, when you can buy the same part at autozone and it's the same quality, but half the price.

So if i can get oil for less that's the same quality, as the "sea-doo" brand, then i'd like to. No sense throwing extra money away if i don't have to. If not then no big deal. I will continue to pay for the XPS and be just as happy!

+1
    I buy a case at a time and its at my door within 2-3 days at the most. When I am at my last gallon, I order another. I'm never out.

Its worth every penny. No hassles for me.

+1
    I have been running Amsoil HPI in my 1996 XP for 6 years now with premix. When I get a chance to pull the head and take pictures, I will post them. I order it by the case but if I run out when I am on a trip, I can pick it up at the local Canadian Tire. A big advantage over trying to find a Seadoo dealer especially on a Sunday.

I have also noticed that the Amsoil smokes way less than the XPS with the premix. The guys I ride with appreciate it when I am in a no wake zone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information