HELP - Installing R&D Intake Grate Today | Question

I am currently doing mod work on my RXP now and will be installing the R&D Intake Grate soon. Is it absolutely necessary to put silicone sealant on the grate area? What is purpose? If so, where exactly do I seal it?

Thanks...

+1
    when i install my grates i use a small blob of silicone under the front of the grate between the grate and hull itself to help the ahereing factor of the grate to the hull.......also a bit up in the bolt hole itself.......the main purpose is to prevent leaks into the hull.......the REAL reason to do it is to prevent the grate from wanting to come loose should u loose a bolt from the front of the grate.....u can repeat the steps for the rear but i dont find the rear as apt to come out.....i still use a small amount of red loctite on the three rear bolts though ILO silicone......another trick is to get a longer bolt for the front and put a BIG washer and nut on it inside the hull under the driveshaft where it protrudes into the hull!!!!!!!!!! good luck!

2008 RXP-X
    Quote Originally Posted by WebmasterRXP View Post
    I am currently doing mod work on my RXP now and will be installing the R&D Intake Grate soon. Is it absolutely necessary to put silicone sealant on the grate area? What is purpose? If so, where exactly do I seal it?

Thanks...
    I would just to help prevent cavitation.

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    when i install my grates i use a small blob of silicone under the front of the grate between the grate and hull itself to help the ahereing factor of the grate to the hull.......also a bit up in the bolt hole itself.......the main purpose is to prevent leaks into the hull.......the REAL reason to do it is to prevent the grate from wanting to come loose should u loose a bolt from the front of the grate.....u can repeat the steps for the rear but i dont find the rear as apt to come out.....i still use a small amount of red loctite on the three rear bolts though ILO silicone......another trick is to get a longer bolt for the front and put a BIG washer and nut on it inside the hull under the driveshaft where it protrudes into the hull!!!!!!!!!! good luck!
    Thanks...installed and ready to go!

Thread Information