Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X, 8140RPMs after grate/3" intake. Is 15/22r the only/best option?

Hey everyone,

I installed my Riva 3" air intake and Riva grate over the weekend. I gained a consistant 3mph, but I've also gained RPMs as well. I turn a solid 8140 (flashed to 8160) for the first 15-20 minutes of riding. After that it's still a solid 8100-8120RPM even after hours of riding.

I'm going to dump the exhaust resonator this week or next. I know I'm high on RPMS already (used to run a solid 7980rpm before mods).

I refuse to run a reduction nozzle, so should I still go with the 15/22R?

Thanks,

-=Mike G.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    Hey everyone,

I installed my Riva 3" air intake and Riva grate over the weekend. I gained a consistant 3mph, but I've also gained RPMs as well. I turn a solid 8140 (flashed to 8160) for the first 15-20 minutes of riding. After that it's still a solid 8100-8120RPM even after hours of riding.

I'm going to dump the exhaust resonator this week or next. I know I'm high on RPMS already (used to run a solid 7980rpm before mods).

I refuse to run a reduction nozzle, so should I still go with the 15/22R?

Thanks,

-=Mike G.
    15/22 should get you where you need to be.

2008 RXP-X
    Your doing pretty good if your still running the stock impeller. Theres more speed left on the table because your ECU is pulling back engine performance the more you get over 8K RPM's.

I have the mods and impeller and run 71 gps @ 8040-8060rpm done in high 80's air temp. You probably run in cooler water and cooler average air temps so I would think you could run the 15/22 with a little bit added to the trailing edge.

Sweet! Thanks for the quick responses.

I will say that the accelleration is GREATLY improved right now, probably because I can spin the stock prop so much better at less than max speed. Holeshot seems about the same, but as soon as I'm on plane at all and hit it, it is for SURE quicker. It accels quickly to ~68mph and then stretchs it's legs for the last few mph. Before, it would get to ~63 or 64mph and stretch the last few.

Also, the best speed/accel at high speeds for me involves sitting on the rear grab handle and stretching for the handlebars.

So should I;

1.) Leave the stock wear ring since it only has 19 hours on it and doesn't look bad.
    2.) Flip the OE wear ring so that the new prop seats in nicely.
    3.) Buy 1 (or two) new wear rings and install a new one.

If the answer is 2 or 3, will the "freezer" method work for the P-X?

-=Mike G.
    Last edited by Mikey G.; 07-08-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
    Your doing pretty good if your still running the stock impeller. Theres more speed left on the table because your ECU is pulling back engine performance the more you get over 8K RPM's.

I have the mods and impeller and run 71 gps @ 8040-8060rpm done in high 80's air temp. You probably run in cooler water and cooler average air temps so I would think you could run the 15/22 with a little bit added to the trailing edge.

You'll pull more speed/RPMs with a "real" air intake. I installed a 4" air filter that I had sitting around from my Stealth Twin Turbo just for giggles to see if it made a difference... no rise in RPMs at all really ( I would see 8000 flicker vs. a steady 7980 before the filter.)

The Riva 3" front intake+Riva intake grate+pump shoe drilled sits me at the 8140 with blips of 8160 I'm at now. Everyone said to make my own 4" intake, but I'll tell ya the Riva 3" works hella great!

-=Mike G.

-=Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post

If the answer is 2 or 3, will the "freezer" method work for the P-X?
    I could be wrong, but I heard the new wear rings (part number 267000372) wear out quicker and the freezer mod does not work.

With the addition of the 15/22r and filling ride plate holes, you should see 73.5 gps. Add the wedge and you should be over 74.

I would definately add the 15/22r and tune it to 8040 rpm.

I'll be suprised if the prop will get your rpm's low enough. I have the mods listed in my signature and wanted more bottom end. I installed the stock cone and it banged the rev limiter every time I launched.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    I'll be suprised if the prop will get your rpm's low enough. I have the mods listed in my signature and wanted more bottom end. I installed the stock cone and it banged the rev limiter every time I launched.
    Kool... except there is no signature.

If the prop doesn't get my RPMs low enough, then GOOD!!! That means I'm making a SH!T-Ton of power! I'll have to send it out and get it re-pitched (or try it myself which is what I really want to do) to take care of the RPMs. Should mean that even MORE speed is possible if my RPMs don't drop as much as I would like.

-=Mike G.

Sorry about that. I am all about acceleration and would love to get the big cone back on. Let me know what you end up with.
    Last edited by HighPSI; 07-08-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information