Question Who would you recommend for new engine?

I am new to the forum and am looking for recommendations on where to buy a new short block or remanufactured one. I have a 1999 Seadoo GTX RFI (all original) (787 engine) that the piston came apart in. Didn't dig any deeper to see what else is bad, just because the ski has 190 hours on it and figured I might as well go all new. I've researched prices at SBT, Seadoo Techs, PWC Technologies, and Perry Performance. Who would you recommend to get a good quality remanufactured short block from? I plan on keeping the ski for several more years so I want it done right. What else would you recommend checking or replacing while into it. Thanks for any suggestions.

After asking SBT's technical support rep., Bill, about the brand of bearings they use and getting the reply, "We use bearings specially made for us that are made overseas and manufactured to OEM specs" and then asking what country are they made in and getting the reply, "we can't give out that information"; so I then specifically asked, "Are they made in China" and Bill would not answear my question and did not deny it. This can only lead me to the conclusion that SBT is using bearings made in China, or Bill would have immediately denied using made in China bearings inorder to promote his company for using high quality parts in the remanufacture of their 787 Seadoo engines.

Has anyone had any experiences with Seadoo Techs or PWC Tecnologies in Anderson, IN. It is my understanding that they are the same buisness at the same location. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a good quality remfg. engine. Thanks.

I have worked for PPG and other Shops. PPG does a good job but its hard to deal with someone miles away when you have a problem. Seadoo makes a Factory reman that I feel is superior to anyhing else out there. Or you can find a local dealer that has the knoledge to do a rebuild with Seadoo reman parts then get it done there. IF you dont trust the local dealer then PPG is a good choice they build and work on Seadoo all year round being in Florida. OR maybe someone else in the 2 stroke forum will have a sugestion.. I wont comment on SBT but it sounds like you have a good grasp of the situation. I find it funny they spoke english well enough.

I use a local guy that I found through e-bay.. top notch work..
    He has been a seadoo tech since 1994. And has been the only one to work on any of my ski's

http://myworld.ebay.com/river-rat-rob

Better pricing, better quality, hand built...
    -=Rick

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    I am not an SBT fan, but they did warrenty the problems (BUT i had to pull the motor out 3 times).

where are you located?

+1
    3 TIMES can you SAY NO NO NO

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    that was all in the same week

Thread Information