Getting ready to put in metal washers in my 2004 and found a suprise..look

I bought this rxp with a rod through the case, (water ingestion). And Lurker has been a tremendous help by providing me with everything I needed to get back out on the water.... While I am waiting for some oem parts from my local dealer, I was having a look see at my supercharger... This is from an 2004 remember so I was comparing my washers, and shaft to the pic of the 2004-2005, and My shaft resembles the 2006-2007... So I beleive that someone rebuilt this with the 2006-2007 shaft kit maybe 2008? It also looks as though the washers are metal like the rebuild kits come with. From what I have been reading It is still recommended to put the heavy duty riva washers in. What do you guys think? And I think this is a stock supercharger wheel, am I wrong? There are a couple of markings on it... a 161 or 191 (whichever way you flip your head) and there is the letter "R" and there is also a letter "E"...

Here are the pics...

http://fallads.com/supercharger/

+1
    Others with more SC experience will chime in, but my observation...looks like there is a bit of rust on the L-ring (or thick spacer) next to the nut. Is that rust or oil? Make sure that bugar is clean before re-install.

+1
    Yes, that is a 06 shaft and those are ceramic washers. I would replace those with these. Or send it to Jerry and have him do it.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=381

that is slight surface rust, It showed up more in the picture then it really does just looking at it... (dumb Question) How come it's bad to have rust on that part? It doesn't seem like it does much...

+1
    Are you sure that is rust? It looks to me like it got very hot before the washers went. If so I would replace that gear.

+1
    Sorry, I was looking at the oil on the gear and not the spacer by the nut. That is definatley rust. I would just take an emry cloth and clean it. Really is no big deal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinyard View Post
    I bought this rxp with a rod through the case, (water ingestion). And Lurker has been a tremendous help by providing me with everything I needed to get back out on the water.... While I am waiting for some oem parts from my local dealer, I was having a look see at my supercharger... This is from an 2004 remember so I was comparing my washers, and shaft to the pic of the 2004-2005, and My shaft resembles the 2006-2007... So I beleive that someone rebuilt this with the 2006-2007 shaft kit maybe 2008? It also looks as though the washers are metal like the rebuild kits come with. From what I have been reading It is still recommended to put the heavy duty riva washers in. What do you guys think? And I think this is a stock supercharger wheel, am I wrong? There are a couple of markings on it... a 161 or 191 (whichever way you flip your head) and there is the letter "R" and there is also a letter "E"...

Here are the pics...

http://fallads.com/supercharger/
    spinyard get those ceramics off that super charger, they should be grey colered, not green the left pic are ceramics
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by jetskibill9999; 07-08-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Now we know why a rod punched a nice vent hole in the block.......someone didn't clean the engine properly after the original ceramics went.

btw.....I'll be down that way again in a couple weeks, I will bring the alignment tool with me

Just picked up a horde of parts... it's nice when half of your new crank bearings already have dings in the special coating ... a few more days until the new ones come in! Try again SEADOO! Yes, the oil pumps were pretty trashed... but the covers look great! See you soon Josh... Thanks again!

Thread Information