What is the best way to sell my SeaDoos?

Other obligations seem to be taking enough of my time that I can no longer justify keeping my SeaDoo's. I have not had time to get them in the water yet this year and at least the next few weeks don't look good. I am looking for opinions on the best way to sell them.
    What I have:
    Highly modified 80+ mph 04RXP - Similar to a Riva Stage 3 + Rude SC, Rude Cam and a few other goodies.
    All stock, very clean, very low hour 03 GTX SC
    Both are on a Triton Elite aluminum trailer with aluminum trailer box, very nice fuel jug holder and spare tire, new axle, new aluminum wheels and new tires.

I think I will get pretty beat up on price if I try to sell everything as a package. Should I part out the RXP or try to sell it as is. I don't think I have all the parts to put it back to stock and some mods are not reversible(like the hole in the back of the hull for exhaust).

Any suggestions?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    part out that RXP!

i just parted mine out... with a FRACTION of the mods you have... and i did VERY well... i tried to sell it complete and running.. no bites.. i parted it out and got quite a bit more moeny than my asking price in the end... BUT, it's much more work doing e-mails and boxing stuff and shipping.

if u have the time... part it out... and tell people up front, you buy somethign from me, i only ship things once per week, or twice per week... running to ship stuff everyday is silly, so u need to dedicate 1 day per week to shipping parts.

people are DYING for good running motors right now..
    i know of a few people looking for hulls
    all the performance parts will sell QUICK

the GTX SC... i would craigslist it for a week, if no bites, ebay it

and then in the end ur left with a trailer you can get good money for being aluminum elite with accessories

That is what I was thinking. The thought of parting it out is upseting, but I think you are right about more money. Will I get more money for the parts on here or ebay?

+1
    i would try here first for the bulk of it... it's less hassel than ebay, no fees and answering tons of questions and e-mails... ur selling to people that KNOW what they want and know what the part does and is... sometimes a couple bucks less is worth less aggravation...

in a matter of 1 week... my entire motor, hull, steering, driveshaft, pump, spare props, ECUs, j-pipe, pump wedge, intake grate, rideplate... all that stuff was sold right here for good money in a matter of a week...

now i'm left with the small stuff that i'm not worried about... just waiting for that person that eventually needs what you have sitting there... couple hundred bucks of stuff, nothing to sweat about.

i spent a couple months having machine shops do my engine the right away, building the motor all new, putting the ski together and cleaning it up and doing a top notch job on it... rode it around for a month, tried to find a buyer for it complete and running... no bites, everyone wanted parts... i hesitated for a good week or two, then i broken down and tore it apart and it was all gone and paid for ni the blink of an eye...

do urself a favor maybe... dont rip it apart until you have the two major thigns spoken for... the hull and the engine. once you have two people lined up for those towo big things, rip it apart, get those things out of the way, then worry about selling all tghe pumps, props, SCs, intake manifold, exhaust parts fuel system seats and cowls and crap later one.. those are only little pieces to the big puzzle.. the motor and hull are 6 grand worth of the puzzle.. that's my advice

i have a spreadsheet going to keep track of what's sold and how much for and if it was paid for or shipped or not... if u need a guideline or an idea of what parts of mine sold for let me know, i'll e-mail u my spreadsheet so u can have something to go off of that's very recent

steve

Shibby

Steve,

That kind of lame to do to people.
    Tell them up front before you start selling parts that you ship x amont of times per week.
    Don't wait till you get there money then tell them that story.
    Just my thoughts on the deal that went down.

Roger

+1
    I did not go as far as Shibby but I took mine back as close to stock as possible sold the ski for a reasonble price then sold the parts here I think I came out very well it took me about 8 hours to remove and reinstall the stock stuff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger H View Post
    Steve,

That kind of lame to do to people.
    Tell them up front before you start selling parts that you ship x amont of times per week.
    Don't wait till you get there money then tell them that story.
    Just my thoughts on the deal that went down.

Roger
    are you referring to me Roger? if you read my thread.. it is blatantly in bold letters that i only ship certain days, sorry for any convenience that causes... it was there in bold in my thread, and it's STILL there

post #6 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61903

***** i only ship things twice per week for it to be manageable. Thursdays and Mondays are the days I ship stuff, i also apologize for the day or two delay you may suffer even if I have received payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    are you referring to me Roger? if you read my thread.. it is blatantly in bold letters that i only ship certain days, sorry for any convenience that causes... it was there in bold in my thread, and it's STILL there

post #6 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61903
    Steve, I saw your add and thought highly of you when I read your disclaimer of only shipping twice per week. It gives you a life and lets the buyer know whats going on up-front.

I had one time where life got in the way of me shipping parts and I ended up losing money because I shipped the parts fedex 2 day so that I could keep up my end of the bargain. If I were smart I would have said I only ship on xx day, rather than "the day after payment clears"

Everything that Shibbs is saying here is dead on, listen to the man!

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    ***** i only ship things twice per week for it to be manageable. Thursdays and Mondays are the days I ship stuff, i also apologize for the day or two delay you may suffer even if I have received payment.
    Hmmm... this seemed perfectly logical to me!

In fact, as members of a close knit family like GH, I would think this to be an acceptable practice for most all of us. After all, the majority here are not in the PWC parts business... we are simply enthusiasts who have other jobs/employment/obligations that demand a great deal of our time. Not to say that an expedient shipment isn't appreciated (we all want to go fast), but a little understanding of our "real" lives is appreciated also

jmo,

Jeff

+1
    I sold my last two skis on the Boat Trader, they had a special print ad and internet combo, you pay them one fee and it runs until it sells, hard to beat that deal. I also found it easier to get top dollar from ignorant newbie buyers as opposed to seasoned PWC riders...

Thread Information