Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    181

    Need ultra 150 help

    Please guys, dont flame me to much if this is not in the right forum.

    A friend has a 05 150. The other day we took the skis out. His started to lay over on the big end like it was running out of fuel. We did some ckecking and fond fuel filter was not in the best of shape. So we changed the filter. After changing the filter, we spun the ski over 2 maybe 3 times. The filter was full of fuel. It then sat without being run for about a week. Go to ride this evening to see if it was fixxed. The filter was still full of fuel. We ride for about an hour. We had allready noticed that the ski was still trying to fade on the top end. So we head back to the dock. Go to fire up the ski. No go. The filter is empty and wont fill up.

    Ok, sorry for the long story. Any help would be great.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    Do work son ultra150nc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    Please guys, dont flame me to much if this is not in the right forum.

    A friend has a 05 150. The other day we took the skis out. His started to lay over on the big end like it was running out of fuel. We did some ckecking and fond fuel filter was not in the best of shape. So we changed the filter. After changing the filter, we spun the ski over 2 maybe 3 times. The filter was full of fuel. It then sat without being run for about a week. Go to ride this evening to see if it was fixxed. The filter was still full of fuel. We ride for about an hour. We had allready noticed that the ski was still trying to fade on the top end. So we head back to the dock. Go to fire up the ski. No go. The filter is empty and wont fill up.

    Ok, sorry for the long story. Any help would be great.

    Thanks
    HEY! did it sit for any amount of time before?

  3. #3
    axgrider73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    2,059
    The first thing that you should do is a compression check. I bet that #3 is low on compression.

    Check the pulse hose for cracks/leaks.

    Check fuel lines for cracks/leaks.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra150nc View Post
    HEY! did it sit for any amount of time before?

    It sat before he bought it. But it has been run probably 12 times or so since he bought it.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    The first thing that you should do is a compression check. I bet that #3 is low on compression.

    Check the pulse hose for cracks/leaks.

    Check fuel lines for cracks/leaks.

    We planned on running a compression check tomorrow at work. Will check for cracks and leaks.

  6. #6
    You either picked up trash off the bottom of the tank or your fuel pump needs to be inspected. also check your pulse line going from the case to the fuel pump.
    Last edited by Shogun; 07-08-2008 at 10:12 PM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    181
    Okay, compression is good on all 3 cylinders. I am leaning towards a fuel pump. Can anyone give me some information on the fuel system. Like how much vacuum should the pulser have or any thing to look for. The pulser hose is fine, its not colapsed or cracked. Any other tips or tricks. Sorry guys. Im a yamaha person.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    181
    Does anyone know how much fuel pressure there should be?

  9. #9
    The only way i know to check out the fuel pump is to pull the cover off and really look over the diapragm good even a tiny hole or tear will weaken it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need some Ultra 150 help
    By ludwig in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 04:40 AM
  2. Need Ultra 150 Crankshaft
    By Mack77 in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM
  3. Ultra 150 help please
    By Axlef1123 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 02:40 AM
  4. ultra 150 help!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By blazinbikerr1 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 01:35 PM
  5. REAL QUICK help needed... ultra 150 intake grate removal?
    By jcc011185 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •