Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genesis Ingnition and Injector Timing

Does anyone know what the Injector and Ignition timing should be set at on a Genesis 1200 FFI? Attached is what it currently is. Thanks for your any info...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stats.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	82065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop test.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	82066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop test2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	82067  

Description:
    • The Cylinder Drop Test allows the power contribution of each cylinder to be tested by shutting off one cylinder at a time and measuring the drop in engine speed.
    • This test must be performed with the engine running under load with the vehicle secured in the water or in a testtank. The test should be run at approximately 2000 RPM.
    Running the Tests:
    • Once the engine is running at the proper RPM either select the cylinder you want to disable by selecting the button under the bar graph (Number 1, 2, or 3) or select the Auto Sequence button to test all the cylinders automatically.
    • When the test is running, do not move the throttle or the test results will not be valid.
    • As each cylinder is disabled, (dropped) a bar graph will show the percent engine RPM drop. The actual RPM drop and Percent is also displayed in the Statistics area at the bottom of the screen.
    • When performing manual testing, to re-enable a cylinder, click the button under the bar graph again. The Auto Sequence mode will disable and re-enable each cylinder automatically and will complete on it's own.
    Test Results:
    • The percent RPM drop will vary quite a bit depending on what RPM the test was run at. Always compare the readings from all cylinders to determine if there is a problem and which cylinder is not producing as much power as the others.
    • To locate a misfire, run the engine at the speed where the misfire occurs and then disable each cylinder one at a time. When the misfiring cylinder is disabled, the misfire will stop.

Polaris Direct Injection Timing Verification

Description:
    • The Timing Verification Screen provides the ability to verify the correct base ignition timing.
    • Connect a timing light to the engine and follow the instructions shown on the left side of the screen.
    • Select the "Lock Timing" button to enable the Base Timing Mode.
    NOTE:
    • The engine must be fully warmed up before performing this test or the engine may stall when the Lock Timing button is selected.
    • The engine may also stall if there are damaged flywheel teeth, damaged stator, or a sheared flywheel key.
    • When the Ignition Timing is "Locked" use the timing light to verify the timing is the same as the specification shown on the screen.

Polaris Direct Injection Injector Information

Description:
    • The Injector Information Screen displays various information about the fuel injectors installed on the engine.

Item
    Meaning
    Operating Mode
    Compensated Mode indicates the injection time is controlled by the Coefficients displayed below. All vehicles made after 2000 should operate in Compensated Mode.
    Service Mode indicates the injection time is set according to default parameters stored in the EMM.
    Serial Number

The Serial Number of the injector installed on a given cylinder. This number should match with the serial number label on the injector itself.
    Coefficient A:

Fuel Control Adjustment Coefficient A
    Coefficient B:

Fuel Control Adjustment Coefficient B
    Coefficient C:

Fuel Control Adjustment Coefficient C
    Coefficient D:

Fuel Control Adjustment Coefficient D
    Last edited by prochamp; 07-08-2008 at 11:16 PM.

FICHT Service Specifications
    FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE 20-30 PSI (138-207 KPA)
    INJECTOR UNIT RESISTANCE 1.00
    Ω

SPARK PLUG LEAD RESISTANCE 450 - 650
    Ω

IGNITION COIL PRIMARY RESISTANCE 0.05 - 0.15
    Ω

IGNITION COIL SECONDARY RESISTANCE 225 - 325
    Ω

CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR RESISTANCE 200
    Ω (MAXIMUM)
    AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR [email protected] 77
    ° F (25° C) 990-1010 Ω

WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR [email protected] 77
    ° F (25° C) 985 - 1015 Ω

12 VOLT STATOR WINDING RESISTANCE
    (PINS: 1 AND 12 / 2 AND 11)
    0.1 - 0.3
    Ω

45 VOLT STATOR WINDING RESISTANCE
    (PINS: 3 AND 10 / 4 AND 9 / 5 AND
    0.3 - 0.5
    Ω

STATOR PINS: 1 -- 12 (EACH) TO GROUND O.L.
    STATOR CRANKING VOLTAGE (APPROXIMATE)
    (WIRE COLORS ASSOCIATED WITH PINS LOCATED ON WIRING
    DIAGRAMS.)
    CHARGE BATTERY TO 12.5VDC PRIOR TO TESTING.
    PINS:
    1 AND 12 7VAC
    2 AND 11 7VAC
    3 AND 10 5VAC
    4 AND 9 5VAC
    5 AND 8 5VAC
    THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR 4.70 VDC
    ± 05 VDC @ 85°

THROTTLE OPENING (USE THROTTLE FLIPPER)
    APPROXIMATELY .350 VDC CLOSED.

WOW... that is alot of information.. thanks prochamp.. attached is my injector readings...... I replaced all my plugs and she "sounds" right again, but I will find out more when I connect her to the wrench tomorrow afternoon.

I had about a 1000RPM drop at WOT Saturday while riding and the sound changed a bit... I ask about the timing because I seem to remember it only being at about 10 BTDC the last time i read it.. That that could have aslo been with the other EMM... anyway, thanks for the late night reading materials......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	injectors.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	82071  

Vegas

All of that info is in the HELP file within Digital Wrench
    YOUR TPS voltage is off and you need to check what it is at full throtttle
    DO you know how to do this??
    DO you know how the help functions work??

If I remember correctly I connect the wrench and the the static test with the machine not running. I get an electrical reading at "idle" position and then at "WOT", I haven't used the help function yet but I will give that a look at.

One other question about this. The EMM/injector set are out of a 2004 ski i believe maybe a 2002 but mine is a 99. I still have my other EMM/injectors... should I put that set back in the boat or keep the new setup? It was changed out while troubleshooting a possible electrical issue.

Vegas

To read the help files you dont have to be connected
    Just open DW and click on the ???? File or when the pop up screen comes up click on continue with help files then click on the ?? file. It will open the index box and go to Search and type in watercraft or whatever info you want and it should come up
    Last edited by prochamp; 07-09-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRatt View Post
    One other question about this. The EMM/injector set are out of a 2004 ski i believe maybe a 2002 but mine is a 99. I still have my other EMM/injectors... should I put that set back in the boat or keep the new setup? It was changed out while troubleshooting a possible electrical issue.
    If you changed the injectors then you need to tell the EMM what you did. That procedure is in the help files

Good Luck tonight I am hitting the sack will check in tomorrow to see how you did

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information