Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phantom Silver/Valiant Blue FTW! AllenUltra250X's Avatar

What does this mean?!?!

I bought my Ultra in March and the dealer told me to watch the clear tube that hangs down in the front of the motor and make sure it doesn't get oil in it. I rode my machine for a while and it ran flawlessely except...

When I pulled it out yesterday to wash it after its big week long lake excursion, I noticed there was oil in the little tube thing. What does this mean?

BTW, my machine has been fully maintained by the dealer only and is spotless inside and out, and it has 29 hours on it now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenUltra250X View Post
    I bought my Ultra in March and the dealer told me to watch the clear tube that hangs down in the front of the motor and make sure it doesn't get oil in it. I rode my machine for a while and it ran flawlessely except...

When I pulled it out yesterday to wash it after its big week long lake excursion, I noticed there was oil in the little tube thing. What does this mean?

BTW, my machine has been fully maintained by the dealer only and is spotless inside and out, and it has 29 hours on it now.
    do a search for Gas In Oil (GIO) & blow by. There are some fixes for it. Do some searching around and you'll find your answer.

So does this mean I have GIO? I didn't check the oil because when leaving the lake I checked it and its good. I really don't want to go through the GIO problems and everything. Is there a sure fix?

+1
    So does this mean I have GIO? I didn't check the oil because when leaving the lake I checked it and its good. I really don't want to go through the GIO problems and everything. Is there a sure fix?
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ube#post677370

no. It does not mean you have gas in oil.

David

It means the dealer toped off your oil.

Not good for rough goofing off. You may also have a mild issue with GIO contributing to the rising oil that is being blown through your oil catch can and into the air intake track thus getting into the intercooler.

http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=38 This should help explain whats going on in your motor a bit.

Please excuse my ingnorance as this is my first jetski.

But, if the dealer fixes the problem will it turn into GIO or return back?

+1
    Please excuse my ingnorance as this is my first jetski.

But, if the dealer fixes the problem will it turn into GIO or return back?
    Maybe I can share what I know about the problem. We believe that your ski was over filled with oil. The extra oil made its way its way to the vent tube where you found some oil.

Now you need to find out why you have the oil in the vent tube. Was it because it was overfilled by the dealer or did the fluid levels rise due to the addition of gas to the oil?

First step is to determine if your oil level is too high right now. Use this information from Skip on oil levels. I personally think it extremely important that you get the jetski level and let is sit that way overnight if possible, then read your oil level. If it at the correct level. No problems. Clean the Vent tube and be on your way. If it is over filled you will want to change the oil. I would use Skips method, here is excerpt from his blog

Unscrew the fill cap and start with 3 quarts of oil. Start the engine for 1 minute at idle. Shut it off. Check level after 10 to 15 minutes as the oil will trickle down to the stick reservoir
    Continue to slowly fill , start, let set and check until you get to “your” desired oil level . I like to only go to the Blue E when cold or the Red G when hot.

Once you have the correct oil level, ride the ski and monitor the oil level to make sure it isn't rising. If it is rising, then you may have GIO issues, so start reading the GIO threads. If the oil level doesn't rise you are good to go.

I strongly suggest you learn to check and change your own oil, that way you can be sure it is done properly.

Lastly, has there been any noticeable performance declines recently? If so, it may mean you have some oil in your intercooler. Worry about this later. Right now focus on your oil level.

when he says get your ski level he means the engine needs to be level..use a torpedo level on top of the engine..you will probably have to adjust the tongue a few times to get it level..

now when you say "level" does that mean front to back and side to side?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information