How to avoid corrosion inside of SC ???

How can one keep the inside of the SC clean from corrosion ? I always flush my ski with fresh water and also use Salt Away. I can only imagine what the inside of the IC is looking like ??

+1
    Water dont go into the SC right? I know the inlet of my SC gets all nasty and I clean it after every ride... with a rear air intake it takes 5 minutes. 1 thing is for sure... after you see what the SC looks like you know just now nasty air is in socal!

I pulled my IC over the weekend and it had tons of salt deposits... I sprayed down my intake butterfly with some lube so it would help prevent corrosion. I wish there was a way to remove the salt corrosion inside the IC... I left some salt away mixed with water in it over night but it did not help much.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    How can one keep the inside of the SC clean from corrosion ? I always flush my ski with fresh water and also use Salt Away. I can only imagine what the inside of the IC is looking like ??
    It's a price you pay for riding in the ocean , Salt water is just nasty thick stuff that leaves deposits everywhere. I know it's fun but with the value of the parts these days it's just not worth seeing them destroyed by salt water. Even the salt air (as you found out) is nasty

Alex

There are several cleaners that can be used to clean the core just like the stuff used to clean A/C cores. ive done that before and you really dont see anything getting cleaned out. Im gonna see if there is a place that could somehow clean it .there has to be a better way to clean this than just running water through it.

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Water dont go into the SC right? I know the inlet of my SC gets all nasty and I clean it after every ride... with a rear air intake it takes 5 minutes. 1 thing is for sure... after you see what the SC looks like you know just now nasty air is in socal!

I pulled my IC over the weekend and it had tons of salt deposits... I sprayed down my intake butterfly with some lube so it would help prevent corrosion. I wish there was a way to remove the salt corrosion inside the IC... I left some salt away mixed with water in it over night but it did not help much.

+1
    Remove the ic wash out with hot water to desolve the salt repeat as required.

+1
    Yeah Alex I hate riding salt water... in socal we cant even get close to shore to jump waves... so yeah its just totally lame. But in socal you either ride on the 35mph hampster lakes (must go counter clockwise around the lake) or the ocean.

+1
    What do you mean 35 mph, is that a law out there?

+1
    yup... i was doing 43mph a few weekends ago and got a speeding ticket... there went 100 bucks. That was the last time I rode a lake in socal.

Thread Information