Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Well got to drive my 06 RXP just picked her up today!!!!!!!1

Well alls i can say is its awesome i love this thing its not even close to my 2002 RX that i had , and i definitely wasnt expecting the torque to be like that cause i am so used to a 2 stroke! I put 2hrs on it today , and man she goes, the fastest i got er up today with 78degree water and about 88 weather was 69mph on the dreamo. I don't know if thats right or not! but hey its quicker than my RX was, althought my RX did go 64.8mph on GPS. Anyways i was lookin at the RPMS and seen it was only hitting 7780-7800rpms and i dont know if this is because its still breaking in but i checked the oil level and guess what the dealer filled it up by almost a whole litre extra so i sucked it out to about the middle of the indents on the dipstick. So let me know what you guys think , i will have more info for the hunt for 70mph on the dreamo meter, now that i took some oil out , hopefully it helps?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn
    Well alls i can say is its awesome i love this thing its not even close to my 2002 RX that i had , and i definitely wasnt expecting the torque to be like that cause i am so used to a 2 stroke! I put 2hrs on it today , and man she goes, the fastest i got er up today with 78degree water and about 88 weather was 69mph on the dreamo. I don't know if thats right or not! but hey its quicker than my RX was, althought my RX did go 64.8mph on GPS. Anyways i was lookin at the RPMS and seen it was only hitting 7780-7800rpms and i dont know if this is because its still breaking in but i checked the oil level and guess what the dealer filled it up by almost a whole litre extra so i sucked it out to about the middle of the indents on the dipstick. So let me know what you guys think , i will have more info for the hunt for 70mph on the dreamo meter, now that i took some oil out , hopefully it helps?
    I think you should adhere to the break-in guideline`s. I also think you should replace the S/C washer`s before they let go. The steel set will not come apart and cause damage like the ceramic`s will. Do it before they puke and you`ll be time and money ahead.

Well see breaking in the machine isnt a problem, i only gave er wide open a few times and twice was to see the top speed and the rest i just due various rpm ranges, so are you saying for the breakin period there should be almost a litre more of oil, that doesnt sound right. My buddy has a brand new 4 stroke dirtbike and he said if he over fills his oil it can ruin his valves and destroy his motor, or make it run real crappy. I know our machines are bit more safisticated than a dirtbike but same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by green monster
    I think you should adhere to the break-in guideline`s. I also think you should replace the S/C washer`s before they let go. The steel set will not come apart and cause damage like the ceramic`s will. Do it before they puke and you`ll be time and money ahead.
    See above.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by green monster

10-hr Ha I laugh in the face of breaking-in!

Yeah dude, you shouldn't have done that! I rode with the learning key in for the first 10 hrs so I couldn't hit those high rpm's. It runs like shit with the learning key but it's probably the best bet. Then I changed the oil!

+1
    It's not a good idea using the learner key for break-in as you will not be able to vary the rpm's as much. Use the normal key and vary the rpm!

+1
    Break it in using ALL RPM`s and this includes WOT, as the hours increase increase your time going WOT, start with the time at WOT in seconds and build up from there

+1
    Breaking an engine in with the learning key is the worst thing you can do.

Just give her "Finger" or thumb for Shits and Giggles.

NeverEnd, check this thread out in the 'how-to' section.

http://www.greenhulk.net/4tec/showthread.php?t=3613

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information