Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP Handeling Issues

Ok Guys need some help, Raced the RXP for the first time last week. Two issues spins the prop like crazy out of the hole and will not turn...Feels like I'm flat track racing. I think I have the prop issue under control. Handeling is another story. I was lossing about 5 sec per bouy to Freddy Vaca on every turn. Here is what I have done so far:

Riva Sponsons
    Pro Block Offs
    Drop Nozzel

Any ideas are Welcome. I'm not going to Bump my HP anymore until I can control it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	82206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp4.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	82207  

have u tried changing the positions of the sponsoons?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid151 View Post
    Ok Guys need some help, Raced the RXP for the first time last week. Two issues spins the prop like crazy out of the hole and will not turn...Feels like I'm flat track racing. I think I have the prop issue under control. Handeling is another story. I was lossing about 5 sec per bouy to Freddy Vaca on every turn. Here is what I have done so far:

Riva Sponsons
    Pro Block Offs
    Drop Nozzel

Any ideas are Welcome. I'm not going to Bump my HP anymore until I can control it.
    Put the opas and stock sponsons back on and start from there. How many hours on the ski?

If you have a lot of prop spin, that does effect the handling in the turns. I would get the prop spin handled first, test it on bueys, then if you still have bad cornering, go from there.
    I race an open rxp , had prop spin, just went for the skat setback pump , and wow night and day diference. I still run the heavy r&d sponsons, and have the manual drop nozzle. Drop nozzle makes a huge difference too. Keep us posted.

NIce RXP!!! what size is your PROP? try a 3 blade...my bro had some issues at Finals last year with a 14/19, which was not bad for our set up (stock) but then switch to a 3 blade skat, and wow. Hull shot was a lot better turning was way better. the only problem is that he lost 1-3 MPH at the straight. If you have the rive drop them to the last position, or switch back to the stock and drop them about and inch and that will work just as well, or better.

good luck man

i've found the pro blockoffs very skaty and loose feeling in the chop (closed course racing etc). I run riva normal opas block offs, worx sponsons, worx grate (not best for top speed, but best hookup in my opinion) and umi steering. once you prop your ski right it should improve as well. apart from that... practise practise practise

put back your opas and stock sponsons. I experienced exactly your problems, with the stock setup I reduced my CC time drastically.

With Riva sponsons and Block offs is like you turning a 40 ft trailer

Try and you will be amazed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Put the ...stock sponsons back on
    I agree. The stock sponsons carve much better than Riva. The Riva's are more "predictable" because they don't grab like the stockers.

we run along with every other rxp in the uk race seen dropped stock sponsons about 23 mm absolutley awesome

Banned User
    It's always funny to hear different views.. I rode a buddies ski this weekend with stock sponsons and pro block offs and couldn't wait to get off, it was way loose. My ski has Danny sponsons, Riva pro block offs w/ PPG block off skegs and I couldn't imagine a better handing ski. I've riden a bunch of RXP's from stock to stage III/rude and never felt a better handing ski, especially not one in stock form..
    But I guess you guys that run for time would know better than a rec rider like myself

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information