Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger dipstick

I was replacing all my exhaust gaskets and i figured id change the s/c oil while i was down there. Its the first time ive ever changed it so i took the dipstick bolt out and of course mine was broke off. I saw it sitting there so i got so very skinny pliers and tried to pull it out but it dropped out of sight so i'm guessing its floating around in my supercharger oil. Does anybody have any advice how to pull the s/c and get the stick out and how hard is this to do?

Will a small magnet fit through to the bottom? I think some have chosen to just leave it alone without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Will a small magnet fit through to the bottom? I think some have chosen to just leave it alone without issues.
    Well itd work if it was still in the bolt hole but I'm pretty sure its at the bottom of the pan. Which I'm sure the first time I cranked it up itd grind in the s/c

You can try pulling the drain bolt out the bottom and trying to fish it out?

Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    You can try pulling the drain bolt out the bottom and trying to fish it out?
    good idea, I'll go try that now hopefully itll come through without having to pull the s/c

looks like I'll be pulling the s/c thanks man I was looking for that post bc ive seen it before but i couldnt find it haha

Kieth

Be carefull my friend. Your openeing a can of worms. Try using a small magnet first. If not then you will need to purchase special oil to return back into the SC. R&D carries some but if you have a Service Manuel it gives the specs for the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Kieth

Be carefull my friend. Your openeing a can of worms. Try using a small magnet first. If not then you will need to purchase special oil to return back into the SC. R&D carries some but if you have a Service Manuel it gives the specs for the oil.
    I know it looks like a job I'm gonna try to get the magnet to bring it out. If that fails i guess I'm just going to remove the s/c and I have the R&D s/c oil. How hard is it to remove the s/c do you know? It doesnt look to hard but then again you never know until you do it

About 3 hours total to remove and reinstall.

Remove the complete exhuast and be sure to buy new gaskets. It sucks to have a leak when done because ya wanted to save a couple of bucks. If you an 07 then go ahead and get the OCMS crank case fitting and install that now that everything is open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information