Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 GP1300R Ride Plate and Intake Grate

Yes I have searched and read nearly every post, but I still don't quite know which ride plate and intake grate to use on my new inbound 07. Most of the threads use abbreviated names for the parts they prefer. I'm going to be buying them from the online store. Part numbers would be helpful. Tell me what you think of these parts until the warranty is up.

Ride Plate (Shredmaster seems too pricey)
    Intake grate
    D plate
    Free Flow Exhaust
    Pump Seal Kit

I don't care about top speed. I want the best hole shot I can get for wave jumping. I ride at Lake of the Ozarks and it is always rough and my 03 would porpoise like Flipper. Hopefully these won't void may warranty. Are these mods easy enough to do in the paking lot of my condo with a decent set of tools?
    Thanks
    Stroked

RESPECT
    +1
    I would get Jims Ride Plate and Leo's hole shot kit. R&D intake grate.

If you want holeshot get the jetworks kit also from islandracing and bump up the compression either have your oem stock head milled by a professional or buy riva heads but when doing this you'll need to also invest in an EFI controller.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGGUNZ403 View Post
    I would get Jims Ride Plate and Leo's hole shot kit. R&D intake grate.
    This intake grate?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=656

Is there a link to buy the Jims Ride Plate?

Thanks for the info guys.

Jim's plates can be had on the GH online store:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...16u4k0jqsqjkd7

I plan on getting one next year!!

Ok - here is my opinion. If you are not worried about top speed then I really don't think you have to do Jims Plate. I have it and love it but thats when I was looking for top speed. Hell get his plate and you will recover some speed that you will lose from the intake grate - it is adjustable with washers. Plate still works great for me in the rough. If not get a pro-tec ride plate or riva. I know people will disagree but Ive used Pro-tec stuff and it is better than R&D - their quality flat out sucks.

For an intake grate same thing - R&D sucks - if you search on here you will see they break. I have a pro-tec 800/1200 grate and I love it. Best grate out there for top speed is the Stainless Steel grate that you can get on this site. But once again you arent looking for top speed so i would get a pro-tec or I think worx has the best grate out there for hook up.

Dont get the free-flow exhaust.

Get the island racing holeshot kit - that sit he next thing I will buy and I have only heard good things.

If you are getting a D-plate get the Riva one and not R&D.

Also to play it safe get rid of the stock steering nozzle and get the pro-tec one that is metal and only 12 mm longer not as long as the other ones that are 20mm and 50mm.

+1
    The parts i chose for my ski that are interchangeable with the late model are as follows:

Rideplate: Jim's Performance modified R&D - ordered straight from Jim.
    this is an excellent plate for top speed....but also works well in chop when shimmed accordingly....grinding of the pump is necessary...

Intake Grate: Riva 1200 (same design as the R&D brand)
    GREAT upgrade from stock to alleviate cavitation(along with the Pump seal kit)

RESPECT
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    Ok - here is my opinion. If you are not worried about top speed then I really don't think you have to do Jims Plate. I have it and love it but thats when I was looking for top speed. Hell get his plate and you will recover some speed that you will lose from the intake grate - it is adjustable with washers. Plate still works great for me in the rough. If not get a pro-tec ride plate or riva. I know people will disagree but Ive used Pro-tec stuff and it is better than R&D - their quality flat out sucks.

For an intake grate same thing - R&D sucks - if you search on here you will see they break. I have a pro-tec 800/1200 grate and I love it. Best grate out there for top speed is the Stainless Steel grate that you can get on this site. But once again you arent looking for top speed so i would get a pro-tec or I think worx has the best grate out there for hook up.

Dont get the free-flow exhaust.

Get the island racing holeshot kit - that sit he next thing I will buy and I have only heard good things.

If you are getting a D-plate get the Riva one and not R&D.

Also to play it safe get rid of the stock steering nozzle and get the pro-tec one that is metal and only 12 mm longer not as long as the other ones that are 20mm and 50mm.

X2. All good info. I would still get leo's holeshot kit also. Just my .02. You will be flyin high in no time!

9. +1 by:

Thanks guys, getting some great info here.

Protec appears to no longer offer the 12mm steering nossel, only the 20mm.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGGUNZ403 View Post
    X2. All good info. I would still get leo's holeshot kit also. Just my .02. You will be flyin high in no time!
    I just cringe at cutting up my new GP, but I have heard nothing but good about it. Is the 13/19 worth the money?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information