Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2006 Sea-Doo Sportster SCIC VBSPORTSTER's Avatar

Flushing the exhaust system on a 215 scic?

After looking in the service manual at the diagram of the flow of water as it travels thru the exhaust system, I noticed that that where I hook up the hose to flush the exhaust system(the threaded port on the back of the pump upper right hand side), it only flushes the exhaust pipe, muffler, and resonator, it does'nt flush the intercooler or the exhaust manifold, has anyone put a flush adapter on the water supply line comming of the pump housing and flushed it from that point so that the whole system gets flushed?
    Last edited by VBSPORTSTER; 07-09-2008 at 10:55 PM.

I would flush it from the pump

Quote Originally Posted by VBSPORTSTER View Post
    After looking in the service manual at the diagram of the flow of water as it travels thru the exhaust system, I noticed that that where I hook up the hose to flush the exhaust system(the threaded port on the back of the pump upper right hand side), it only flushes the exhaust pipe, muffler, and resonator, it does'nt flush the intercooler or the exhaust manifold, has anyone put a flush adapter on the water supply line comming of the pump housing and flushed it from that point so that the whole system gets flushed?
    The whole system get's flushed from the flush port...intercooler, exhaust manifold and everything... That's how to keep salt water from corroding the ic....

Not according to the diagram in the shop manual, the port where I hook up the garden hose to flush the exhaust goes directly to the the top center of the exhaust pipe, how does it feed backwards from that point?
    It looks like from whats in the cooling flow diagram, that from that point on it passes to the muffler then to the resonator and then out the back of the boat.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    check to see if there is water coming out of the pump when you flush it. if it does, than the IC is getting flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by VBSPORTSTER View Post
    Not according to the diagram in the shop manual, the port where I hook up the garden hose to flush the exhaust goes directly to the the top center of the exhaust pipe, how does it feed backwards from that point?
    It fills up the j-pipe, travels to the exhaust manifold with the 2 cross over hoses and fills up the manifold, then it travels out the exh manifold to the intercooler out/in then out the transom through the pump. Flushing definately gets all the salt out when left on for 2+ minutes.

Thanks for the replies, I will check it out tonight, I also noticed that in the diagram, that the bottom hose of the two hoses that come off the end of the exhaust manifold, has a inline T with a hose that also exits out the back of the boat, but I dont have that hose on my boat, mine looks like the diagram for the motor without the intercooler?

I flushed it out tonight and sure enough water is flowing out the pump housing, thanks for the help, any ideas about above mentioned inline T thats missing off my boat?

From what I remember, that "T" an exhaust cooling bypass on the RXT/GTX only.

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    From what I remember, that "T" an exhaust cooling bypass on the RXT/GTX only.
    Right! Not on the RXP...don't know why??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information