Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    +1
    Awesome post, and timely too as I've had these same exact questions running through my head.

So if I'm reading everything correctly, I can get away without the controller for the following setup-

'05 with:

Hood & Bucket air mods
    D-Plate
    Milled stock head
    14/20 Dynafly
    85mm Nozzle

I understand that it will help with the midrange, but without it, is there any threat of a partial throttle siezure cruising around in the midrange? (not that I would ever do that.)

Thanks for the great info gents!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Awesome post, and timely too as I've had these same exact questions running through my head.

So if I'm reading everything correctly, I can get away without the controller for the following setup-

'05 with:

Hood & Bucket air mods
    D-Plate
    Milled stock head
    14/20 Dynafly
    85mm Nozzle

I understand that it will help with the midrange, but without it, is there any threat of a partial throttle siezure cruising around in the midrange? (not that I would ever do that.)

Thanks for the great info gents!!!!

in my post i listed a controller as required after any compression or timing keyway mods.

+1
    Ross is right, and I am a dumbass that wasnt paying attention to what I was posting.

Adding compression is a good reason to add a controller... its not worth the gamble, especially in the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Ross is right, and I am a dumbass that wasnt paying attention to what I was posting.

Adding compression is a good reason to add a controller... its not worth the gamble, especially in the summer months.
    +1

+1
    That's where I got a little confused. Got it now. Thanks again.

As Ross stated, no controller is really needed but is recommended (milled head) because of the help it provides in the midrange

Midrange circuit is typically from slow cruise till the red light comes on, so you are right (3000-5500)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    in my post i listed a controller as required after any compression or timing keyway mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by J-ME View Post
    What your are saying doesn't make sense. You are saying to use a controler (which may fail), when you don't really need one.
    I thought I was clear. In my opinion, with the mods I have listed you do need a controller. When mine failed the fuel mapping reverted back to stock and I lean seized.
    (Check to ensure your lights are working prior to every ride)

When my controller burnt out, it was easy to tell as she was boggy and would surge at part thottle.

+1

Thumbs up thanks

At the request of one of the top tuners on the forum "2fast4u", me and Rossnemo have decided to put up some threads about the Riva and R&D EFI controllers.------------------------------------- Thanks Ross and WFO for doing such a great job on EFI Controllers. This should clear up a lot of problems for some EFI Guys Rich and Ross you both get 4 stars **** Tommy Jordan

+1
    So what do you guys think my settings should be at? I currently have the Riva controler at 6-6-2-7 with the current mods below in my signature.

Thanks
    George

Quote Originally Posted by 05NNJ1300R View Post
    So what do you guys think my settings should be at? I currently have the Riva controler at 6-6-2-7 with the current mods below in my signature.

Thanks
    George
    Remember George, there is no perfect setting that will work on every ski. It is up to you to experiment and fine tune the settings to your particular skis combination. You are non ported according to your post, so the 6-6-2-7 may be a little on the rich side. I would go the 5-5-1-6 and i bet you will gain a little on the top end.
    Another factor seems to be a small variance from one controller to another. I have known several people who have changed controllers and had to make minor changes in the settings with a different controller.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information