+1

Critically injured father needs your help

Single Father Critically Injured in Jet Ski Accident Needs Assistance
    ..Posted on 10 Jul 2008 Drew Porth was injured critically in a Jet Ski accident on June 8th and remains in the Trauma/ICU of Shands Jacksonville Hospital. Though he has health insurance he does not have any other means of financial assistance to help pay his bills and support his 13 year old son during the time it will

Single Father Critically Injured in Jet Ski Accident Needs Assistance

Drew Porth was injured critically in a Jet Ski accident on June 8th and remains in the Trauma/ICU of Shands Jacksonville Hospital. Though he has health insurance he does not have any other means of financial assistance to help pay his bills and support his 13 year old son during the time it will take for him to recover. The doctor has stated his recovery time will be no less than a year.

He is still not breathing completely on his own, has a broken neck, his right arm/hand are paralyzed and he has numerous other serious problems to include pneumonia and is now on kidney dialysis. We have been told that once he recovers from the pneumonia he will undergo an eight hour surgery to insert a rod in his neck. But even once the surgery is performed it will be awhile before we know the extent of his disability, not only because of the neck injury, but also due to the head trauma. He will then face a long rehabilitation period.
    His mother has been in touch with Social Security inquiring about Social Security Disability Benefits, but they have stated that even if approved it will take four months to process his claim. Within four months Drew could lose everything he has worked very hard for. Drew's family does not have the means of paying his bills while he is disabled.

Donation Information: If you can in any way assist Drew financially you can go to any Wachovia Bank and make a donation. The account at Wachovia has been set up in his sister's name Deborah Tow. Just let the bank know you are making a donation in the name of Drew Porth.

Contact Information: Should you have any questions feel free to contact his sister Deborah Tow, [email protected] or [email protected] (a close family friend). If you would like a receipt for tax purposes please send your name, address, the date you made the donation and the amount of the donation to [email protected]

http://www.hometownjournal.org/news.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1215701576&arch ive=&start_from=&ucat=1

Terrible!

My prayers are with the family!

As much as I hate WACHOVIA-used to work there-I will go in and make a donation, I urge anyone else to do the same...maybe skip on lunch today and donate at least $5-10 to help?

+1
    Update on Single Father Critically Injured in Jet Ski Accident on June 8, 2008
    ..Posted on 05 Aug 2008 The Porth Family would like to thank those of you that have been kind enough to make donations to help Drew and his son. Words could never express how grateful we are. Drew still remains in the ICU of Shands

Update on Single Father Critically Injured in Jet Ski Accident on June 8, 2008

The Porth Family would like to thank those of you that have been kind enough to make donations to help Drew and his son. Words could never express how grateful we are.

Drew still remains in the ICU of Shands Jacksonville hospital, and soon will be undergoing a very risky neck surgery. He has made many improvements since the accident and we feel very blessed.

He has a broken neck, and head trauma. He is finally breathing on his own, but still has the trach attached in the event of an emergency. Since the accident, he has overcome several serious problems like pneumonia, kidney failure, blood clots in his lungs, several infections, and the use of a respirator.

The surgery he will be having entails an eight plus hour surgery to insert a rod in his neck, (he is currently in a halo.) Once the surgery is performed it will be awhile before we know the extent of his disabilities, not only because of the neck injury, but also due to the head trauma and the fact that he has lost most of the use of his right arm and hand.

He will then face a long rehabilitation period of which could be no less than a year. He is still in need of financial assistance to help care for his son. Social Security has not yet approved his disability benefits.

A fund raising event has been arranged for August 20, at 6:00 p.m. at Buffalo's Southwest Cafe on Youngerman Circle in Jacksonville. We would like to invite you all to attend. There will be live entertainment, vendors, and an outside bar. And if you love motorcycles, there will be plenty of them as well!

If you cannot attend the event, but would like to make a donation, the information for doing so is below.

Donation Information:
    You can go to any Wachovia bank and make a donation. The account at Wachovia has been set up in his sister's name Deborah Tow. Just let the bank know you are making a donation in the name of Drew Porth.

Contact Information:
    Should you have any questions, feel free to contact his sister Deborah Tow at: [email protected] or [email protected] (a close family friend) If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please send your name, address, the date you made the donation and the amount of the donation to: [email protected]

Again, the family thanks you and may your lives be blessed.

Thread Information