Smile Mechanic needs help

I am a very experianced two stroke mechanic,I owned and ran a large repair shop here on lake conroe for 13yrs.My wifes health forced me to close , now after 5 yrs and all the skis around with only 2 shops in area.I have again started taking on jobs,I wish to stay small and mobile with no more than 2 major rebuilds going at a time here at my home shop.My problem is the new SC 4-tec engines,I really need help from a mechanic who could answer a few questions,I have a customer who has 2 2004s that have grenaded,I understand that the SC washers are a big problem, I am wondering what a shop charges to R&R a SC 4tec say with a SBT long block,also are there any specialized tools required for supercharger and adjusting it?I am also going to order a manual which is best seadoos own(I have all of them from 1992-2002 two stroke)IF someone that has a few minutes could email me or Let me call them ,I know Youre very busy this time of season.I have a few quick questions,What is most common cause of engine failure?what charges a shop would charge for R&R with a rebuilt?What if any major mistakes has seadoo made on these engines?Basicly what to be wary of?THanks >Marvin I love this forum and all the help and response given me thanks again

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    I am a very experianced two stroke mechanic,I owned and ran a large repair shop here on lake conroe for 13yrs.My wifes health forced me to close , now after 5 yrs and all the skis around with only 2 shops in area.I have again started taking on jobs,I wish to stay small and mobile with no more than 2 major rebuilds going at a time here at my home shop.My problem is the new SC 4-tec engines,I really need help from a mechanic who could answer a few questions,I have a customer who has 2 2004s that have grenaded,I understand that the SC washers are a big problem, I am wondering what a shop charges to R&R a SC 4tec say with a SBT long block,also are there any specialized tools required for supercharger and adjusting it?Yes, Jerry sells the SC tools in the online store.I am also going to order a manual which is best seadoos own Lurker has been building a data base of manuals( see here; http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63168(I have all of them from 1992-2002 two stroke)IF someone that has a few minutes could email me or Let me call them ,I know Youre very busy this time of season.I have a few quick questions,What is most common cause of engine failure? Ceramic SC washers fail and sometimes the debris gets caught up in the timing chain and breaks the chain. what charges a shop would charge for R&R with a rebuilt?It really depends on your per hour labor charge.What if any major mistakes has seadoo made on these engines?Ceramic SC washers Basicly what to be wary of?THanks >Marvin I love this forum and all the help and response given me thanks again
    Working link sorry---> http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63168

Good luck,

Alex

Smile

THanks so much for the help,Thank all of you for the pms and info,I found out more in 15 minutes here than from the whole net thanks lots guys ,I will put in any help I can to help older skis owners in two stroke section thanks again>Marvin

+1
    Thanks Marvin

Hey, checkout this link until your manuals arrive:

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=128441

... Ron

Smile

Also it has been the number 1 hole that piston or parts of it flattened spark plug,this is on a matching set of 2004 rxp with 4tec SC engine, sounds like same problem caused both, the failures were 3 weeks apart!!!THanks>Marvin That is hole marked number 1 closest to driveshaft!!

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    a common cause for a big failure on these and all 4 strokes is poor winterising and the valve stem rusting then when up and running the valve head snapps off and lunches the motor.
    And when timing a 4tec number 1 cyl is the front of the ski despite whats on the rocker cover. If you get stuck at anytime post on here and you question will be answered quickly and with pictures if needed.

Thread Information