07-10-2008, 12:00 PM #1
whats better, choke or primer kit
I have heard of alot of people using a primer kit. Does that work better than a choke. I take it you take the choke off. and use that. How hard is it to install a primer kit???
07-11-2008, 11:24 AM #2
Primer is better... choke can stick partially open or not close all the way
Carb removal is required to install a primer kit
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM #3
Also with a primer kit, your ski starts quicker. With a choke, there is some time spent "dry" starting till the engine starts. And as WFO mentioned, it minimizes less moving parts to go wrong. Chokes have been known to 'stick'
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM #4
I use a primer on my ultra all i do is pump it 4 times and she starts right up everytime.
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM #5
Any links or pics to show what i need to do. I just hate messing with carbs but I will. So I like to see step by step if you know what I mean.
07-11-2008, 12:22 PM #6
from parker yamaha
You will need to remove the carbs from the vehicle to do this properly
1) Remove the old choke butterfly by removing the small screws that are holding it in place these in some cases may be peened and will need to be ground or drilled out to loosen. Reinstall the carbs using new gaskets (not supplied).
2) Install the new fittings into the carb after applying a locking sealer. These in some case's may need a "J.B Weld " type epoxy (not supplied) as some carb holes are bigger and therefore would be loose.
3) Install tee supplied into the reserve fuel line, between tank & fuel valve using proper oem type clamps (not supplied).
4) In some cases the new plunger will fit into the old cable opening on dash this will make for a clean installation. If not a new hole will need to be drilled to mount the new primer plunger properly.
5) Route the primer hose from the tee installed in the reserve line prior to the angled fitting on the plunger. The straight fitting off the plunger will connect with the hose to the carbs.
6) For dual carbs install the smallest tee in between both carbs and hook the primer line on to this.
7) Double check all connections, etc, for any leaks by priming a few times Be careful not to over prime engine.
07-12-2008, 12:35 PM #7
Does any body have a pic of the exact place the hose connects to the carb??? Thanks its a94 Wave blaster 701.
07-13-2008, 01:42 AM #8
The primer kits come with brass fittings that go in your choke shaft holes.
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM #9
That expains it ,my kit did not have that. Thanks alot!!!!!!!!
07-14-2008, 02:59 PM #10
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
Watcon.com ask for Randy he will sell u the fittings
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Boosted87Buick in forum Polaris PWC PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2016, 05:21 PM
By badfast7 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 7Last Post: 03-23-2013, 07:02 AM
By toyterrific in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
By montanawatch in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 6Last Post: 07-29-2010, 09:00 AM
By carlo in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 23Last Post: 03-15-2006, 10:01 AM