Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar

Clean water ACT???

Anyone else see this.

BLUERIBBON COALITION ACTION ALERT!
    Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
    Time Is Running Out For America's Recreational Boaters
    Please take time to review this alert. We think it is important that you understand the current status of the Clean Boating Act of 2008. Without this federal legislation, recreational boaters will need to apply and pay for a discharge permit to legally operate their boats starting September 30, 2008. This will include personal watercraft (PWC.)
    The Clean Boating Act of 2008 (S. 2766/H.R. 5949) is a strong, bipartisan bill that emerged out of a consensus process in order to prevent the unnecessary and unprecedented EPA/state permitting requirements of America's recreational boats for their incidental, overboard water discharges. On June 26, 2008, the bill was brought up in the Senate on an expedited voting procedure known as a Unanimous Consent Agreement. One Senator objected to the bill, proposing instead that the legislation be expanded to include some commercial vessels. Under the Senate rules, the objection has prevented the bill from moving forward.
    Commercial advocates and other interest groups are actively opposing the Clean Boating Act, even if doing so means that there will be no legislative relief for anyone. The recreational boating community is sympathetic to the concerns of the commercial vessel industry, but believes relief for recreational vessels can and should be achieved now.
    The Clean Boating Act of 2008 would fully and permanently restore a longstanding regulation that excludes recreational boaters and anglers from federal and state permitting requirements, which, under the Clean Water Act, were designed for land-based industrial facilities and ocean-going commercial ships.
    The BlueRibbon Coalition has been working with other boating groups to inform the recreational boating community about this proposed legislation. We know that boating depends on clean water and healthy natural resources. However, a boat permit will not create a tangible environmental benefit, and it will be another inconvenience and tax for you.

Please take a few minutes and review the background information at
    www.boatblue.org.
    Jack Welch
    Special Projects Consultant
    BlueRibbon Coalition

+1
    I have been watching this and emailed Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson. It took her a while but she emailed back. More Liberal BS is trying to be crammed down our throats!!!

+1
    Oh ya?
    How about:
    - No more use of depleted uranium in ammunition
    - No more rocket engines burning a hole through the ozone layer
    - No more jets burning fuel in the jet stream
    - No more H.A.A.R.P. projects in Alaska melting down the polar region
    - No more chem trails playing tic tac toe in our air space
    - No more passing legislation without ratification from the people
    - No more back room deals
    - No more arristocratic bastards allowed in any governing positions

How about charging the oil tycoons for forcing us to bend over and pay the price of refining when other technologies including gas saving devices has been shelved. How about they clean up their act first.

How about leaving us alone.

And lastly, No parking in our heads!

+1
    Wow. Do you wear a tinfoil hat too? You know, to keep the CIA from scanning your thoughts?

Oh, and since you're not an American - how does this proposed piece of US legislation even remotely concern you?
    Last edited by fullboogie; 07-11-2008 at 11:22 AM.

+1
    No hat, no coils of copper wire in the walls, just up on world politics and global influence. Some already know that I am extremely patriotic. Have relatives in the great U.S. and wish I could be there.

As far as my concerns, there are many with relativity regarding the future of north America as a whole. Your president and our prime minister are currently planning our futures. Bildeburg comes to mind.

We recently got hit, once again, this time with carbon tax scam. What comes around unfortunately goes around. I guess that goes hand in hand with our BS air care testing as well which was an adaptation from California if I recall. Not to mention red light cameras which are really yellow light.

Just tired of the burden of all these new fangled ways of getting more money out of the working class as it seems to happen much too often these days. Like pick pockets.

So I rant and express my concerns and interests, because when the time comes to collectively unite and stand together, I will be there if not allready. More people should get pissed off. I hate being poked with the cattle prod just because 78% say nothing at all and just take it. Doesn't mean it's right, or ethical.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Now let's get skiing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Wow. Do you wear a tinfoil hat too? You know, to keep the CIA from scanning your thoughts?

Oh, and since you're not an American - how does this proposed piece of US legislation even remotely concern you?
    Last edited by SideFX; 07-11-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Thread Information