Newbie to waveraiders

Hey how is everybody
    my name is kyle im 19 and one of my buddy's is trying to sell me 2 waveraiders one is 1100cc and idk about the other one on a trailer for $2000..first is that a good deal for those skis..im almost positive they are both 3 cyls too
    I kno nothing about these's skis performance etc.

I live at the jersey shore and am wondering if these skis are sutable..i plan on taking the one and rebuilting it during the winter..are these skis good in the rough water and can i ocasionally jump waves in the inlet with them
    also wat kind of performance can i get out of a raider and to get me up with the newer skis performance what kind of money am i looking at
    Thanks to all who reply

Kyle AKA "newbie"

The 1100 raider it runs around 60 mph gps it can be made to go 70, to do this put a gpr motor in, second you need to check compression on both skis $2000 for both ski and a trailer seems like your buddy is trying to rip you off with broken skis i havent ridden them in the rough but you get wet

+1
    welcome to the forum

oh yea welcome to the forum you will be addicted

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scarp9 View Post
    The 1100 raider it runs around 60 mph gps it can be made to go 70, to do this put a gpr motor in, second you need to check compression on both skis $2000 for both ski and a trailer seems like your buddy is trying to rip you off with broken skis i havent ridden them in the rough but you get wet
    Bigraider has proven a Raider can go 70+ (single pipe), and he is not using a GPR motor.

yes he did but he is one heck of a tuner

everyone starts somewere.....if you talk to Mark, and hes a great guy to conversate with, He will tell you that the way he got that way was trial and error. He played with every variable possible and worked out the best setup.
    On another note........I have been wondering if Marks weight hasnt helped him get to 70. He is the only person I know who has a highly modified raider that doesnt porpus. Which is my major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by scarp9 View Post
    yes he did but he is one heck of a tuner
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    everyone starts somewere.....if you talk to Mark, and hes a great guy to conversate with, He will tell you that the way he got that way was trial and error. He played with every variable possible and worked out the best setup.
    On another note........I have been wondering if Marks weight hasnt helped him get to 70. He is the only person I know who has a highly modified raider that doesnt porpus. Which is my major problem.
    thanks again-yes lots of tuning-most often what seems to work in theory doesnt equate in real world on water and the weight definately helps on the raider hull dynamic-would be interested for one of you guys to add weight to rear of hull for testing maybe olympic weights or sandbags under rear bucket in back left and right corners say 50lb on each side

Thread Information