2004 RXP Bogging Problem

Hello Everybody!

I am new to the site and decided to join since it has a lot of good information. I have got a lot of misinformation in the past and a happy to be a part of the educated group ... LOL!

I was wondering if any members have experienced this problem and found a fix. My RXP will bog out when the front end slams down occasionally. It does not matter if I hit a 3 foot wake just coming out of the dock slow or I am jumping 10 foot wave @ 35 mph. I have had the ski in plenty of times to various shops at the direction of bombardier and the techs can not diagnose the problem. They have tried a ECU change, checked wires, etc. needless to say the gave me the same story of we will fix it since it is documented even if the warranty expires. 2 years of warranty and hassle and yet no fix and now I will have to get an attorney for them to live up to their word.

I know of a couple other individuals who bought the first yellow bikes off the line and have the same problem. It seems the later bikes have this bug worked out. Other than that the ski rocks but it sucks to pay over 11K and have problems from day 1 that have never been fixed or t be embarassed when your RXP bogs out when spanking another manufacturer or scarab.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Did the techs change the mercury switch that controls the TOPS (tip over protection system)?... Ron

Ron,

They didn't even look at it but I was talking to PPG and they said to check that out also. I need to find out if there is any way to test it or maybe bypass it. It actually seems like the fuel is cut offline and then the machine has to line the ecu back up. Other theories were a wire connection that may be getting stretched breaking continuity for a moment or maybe a cracked fuel baffle/unit. However SeaDoo would not honor their word and it is quite expensive to check the fuel sending unit.

The ski runs fine in all other respects ... acceleration, top speed, etc.

Thank you for the info and I'll work on getting that switch checked.

Blaine

Same thing with mine man. First 20 hours, never noticed it or had the issue. Now, if I slam down really hard I have the same symptoms you do.

So far people are saying that this seems normal, but for me to not experience it at all and then now 5 or 6 times in the last 4 hours... It started happening for me after a HUGE jump/SLAM (thought I broke the hull or something ).

If it get's "worse" and starts interfearing with normal 2' chop WOT riding, I'm gonna be upset.

-=Mike G.

The mercury switch is normally closed (contacts shorted by the mercury). When the ski tips, the switch opens and the TOPS valve closes. In the older models the mercury switch was mounted on the MPEM bracket. You could short the mercury switch so that it would never activate the TOPS switch, but if you rolled the ski, oil from the crankcase would flow to the intake manifold... Ron

Thread Information