WTB: Used 800 motor / crank and top end

Need a used motor, would rebuild but the crank is too much $$ and this friend of mine just bought the ski. this is a 19 month old **T motor.. missing one of the power valves, not sure where it went.. somehow the top piston ring on the stator side worked its way out without damaging the piston, the pto pitson rings worked out and tore up the head.. not to mention it still has a standard bore.. anyway a peice of the ring or something is in one of the crank bearings so I'm going to need at least some crank bearings, .25mm over pistons carb kits and all gaskets if anyone has those parts or another motor that will go well with this hull please pm me. Thanks guys
    Last edited by FLjoyrider; 07-10-2008 at 05:29 PM.

I'm thinking that someone stuck an s b t sticker on this motor and then sold it knowing it was ready to blow, the top ring on the mag side was missing completely. need a budget rebuild, if the outer bearings are the only ones messed up how hard is it to replace them..? rod bearings are fine, ill know for sure which bearing or bearings are bad tomorrow.

you need a head?

no thanks I'm going to run the one that's pitted, does anyone know if the xl800 has nickel plated cylinders? and where can I get them re-done at, or can I just bore them and not have to replace the sleeve..

No sleeve, they are nicasil. Send them to Millenium technologies to get renicked. Watch with the pitted head, if a fragment falls off and drops in all your work and money is gone. Are they dents only or do you have some curls on the metal? How bad are the dents? People get away with using them but for a couple of hundred bucks it's not worth the argrevation..

I'm good on the head theres only minor damage from the ring fragments. I guess I'm lucky since this is an old SBT motor because its already been resleeved. I am still missing the power valve so if anyone has one I need it and new linkage. Also need to know the clearance for the power valves since I'll be going .25mm over. Thanks for the offer but I'm still not sold on the new head I've run them like this before without problems.

Thread Information