Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Oil turmoil..... need advice

On my '99 GTX Ltd I just purchased, I asked the previous owner what oil he had been using. He said only Pennzoil full synthetic. The oil tank is a little low, so I have been reading many posts on here about the different types of oils to us, not use, mix and not mix together. Problem here is that the ONLY oils Pennzoil makes that I can find is the TCW-3!!! Uh-OH!
    Was out on the ski yesterday running around and now I'm afraid to go out tomorrow. Can I get by with emptying the tank and letting what is in the lines work through the system. I have not got these things quite figured out yet and I'm in the learning process. I plan on eventually running synthetic AMSOIL Intercepter, but the place I buy everything (with a huge discount!, actually at cost!) won't be making another Amsoil order for a while. So, I was thinking of running the Quick Silver at Walmart for now. What do I do. A chance to go out on the ski is just a few short hours away!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball451 View Post
    On my '99 GTX Ltd I just purchased, I asked the previous owner what oil he had been using. He said only Pennzoil full synthetic. The oil tank is a little low, so I have been reading many posts on here about the different types of oils to us, not use, mix and not mix together. Problem here is that the ONLY oils Pennzoil makes that I can find is the TCW-3!!! Uh-OH!
    Was out on the ski yesterday running around and now I'm afraid to go out tomorrow. Can I get by with emptying the tank and letting what is in the lines work through the system. I have not got these things quite figured out yet and I'm in the learning process. I plan on eventually running synthetic AMSOIL Intercepter, but the place I buy everything (with a huge discount!, actually at cost!) won't be making another Amsoil order for a while. So, I was thinking of running the Quick Silver at Walmart for now. What do I do. A chance to go out on the ski is just a few short hours away!
    You can use the TCW-3 grade oil. If it's the penzoill marine it should be no problem. The only thing is you have to empty the tank, flush the oil lines and afterwards bleed the oil pump and lines. But while you at it, why not switching to pre mix. The first mod I make to any craft i've owned in the past is an block off plate and let it run pre mix.

+1
    welcome to the forum fireball

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    I'd run the Quicksilver before using the Pennzoil. Change your oil filter too when you make the swap...different oils will gel inside and restrict.

Welcome Fireball!

+1
    I run the Penzoil and a lot of my customers do as well & it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    TCW-3 grade?
    I will eventually be running Amsoil Interceptor.
    For now I will probably run the quick silver full synthetic.
    Any compatability issues here?
    If I drain the tank, and fill with the new oil, will what is left in the system run through without any problems?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Yep...just long enough to trash a crank bearing...

Different types of oil may clump. Not differnt brands of the same type. Don't mix synthetic with Conventional.
    As long as they are both full synthetic you can mix them without problems.
    Manytimes the Gel people find in their oil system is actually caused by moisture. Either from condensation in an empthy tank or contaminated oil.
    Last edited by Ajax; 07-13-2008 at 01:25 PM.

+1
    #1 is the quick silver actually any good ?
    #2 can you mix yamalube and QS ( premix, with block off ) with out draining etc etc?

THANKS!

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW78 View Post
    #1 is the quick silver actually any good ?
    #2 can you mix yamalube and QS ( premix, with block off ) with out draining etc etc?

THANKS!
    I would not mix any oil inside or out of the gas tank.

they might gunk up and clog something up.

Quicksilver is the only non tcw 3 oil out there on the shelf that you can use on a SeaDoo...well besides Seadoo Oil

My friend has ran PENZZOIL on his GSX all his life and no problems at all. (according to him)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information