Quick story from ya friendly Philly guy

Yesterday i was a very happy camper ... it was hot in the low 90s .. i got my ski in the water and headed out to a group of people floating with the current .. 2 brand new 05 rxps 1 yammy 1 honda 1 gtx and 1 older xp ... well they all wanna know what I have done instantly (because of the sound) so i told them ... one of the newer rxps was staged one so i knew me and him were going to be going at it ..they invited me for a blast down to a local hang spot (penns landing) there was a huge crowd there yesterday because of a concert so as we stated to head down i lagged behind just a ski or 2 waiting for that 1st person to get on it and sure enough the rxp was 1st and then we all very quickly followed it took me no tome at ALL to catch and past all the skis besides this newer one that got the jump on me and was staged 1 but to my surprise I was catching him ..it was a lil choppy and i was thinking damn if this thing would only stay hooked id have him by now so i began to mess with the vts and seemed to find a happy spot a notch up from mid and completley laying back as much as i could to keep the pump hook by the time we approached the betsy roos bridge which with my best guesstimate we were all racing for about 3/4 of a mile maybe 1 mile i was dead balls next to him another 1/2 mile or so and he was now in my mirrors ... at our approach to penns landing I could see he was more then shocked ... Afterall he had the repitched solas and wedge over me But i had the s/c impellar over him... after him making me swear up and down my exact mods mod for mod he was surprised that i passed him he had claimed a consistent 71.8 on th gps which basically mirros my speeds now (my best ever was 72.6) but in this heat i have been struggling to see 70s ..So was it the s/c imp that beat him??? OR was it my stock prop repitched that had more top end then his solas ?? My honest opinion ..it was my prop but I could be wrong ..either way i am pretty happy with my combo rite now .I cant imagine if i did the better cold air intake how much faster i would have caught him.........

+1
    Congrats Chris and I would have to say perhaps it was a little of both - the SC impeller and your tuned impeller. I think it's hit and miss on getting a Stage I kit with an impeller pitched just right...I still have to get mine redone...but nonetheless you passing most and gaining on another with a lead is enough to not lose sleep over what it was that actually got you the status w/in that group.

what sc you useing

You "tuned in" the VTS just right, and you are probably a better rider also..

holy mackerel this post goes way back! 2005 ...PR...

I didnt even notice that PR...

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I didnt even notice that PR...
    Dude, I was like holy shmegma , look how far back this is ...PR...

+1
    LOL damn this is an old post

He was using the Riva Vortech SC impeller back then.

yeah what you all doing written on this
    lol

ooooops

Thread Information