Ultra 150 Stinger Mod

I would like to see pictures of your Ultra 150 stinger mod. I am particularly interested in where the new fitting in placed in the pipe and where the supply for the jetworks valve is located.

I can't believe that there is $175 worth of parts/labor in this mod. I am thinking about doing mine myself.

+1
    It is not just the valve that changes. He welds shut some of the cooling lines and changes the water routing in the pipe. I'll get some pics today but I think it is well worth it. I'm getting ready to do some tesing on between a stock, stinger mod and D3 pipe. I'll be selling one of them when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by thesepaperwings View Post
    It is not just the valve that changes. He welds shut some of the cooling lines and changes the water routing in the pipe.

There is nothing with the water routing in the pipe to change. I am willing to bet that the only thing that gets done is OEM stinger gets plugged and relocated

I'll get some pics today but I think it is well worth it. I'm getting ready to do some testing on between a stock, stinger mod and D3 pipe. I'll be selling one of them when I'm done.
    I will bet that if it was possible to shut the water off to the OEM stinger below 3000 RPMs you would have the same effect.

Lets face it. there is no performance benefits other than quicker hole shot. I am reasonably sure that I can do the exact same mod for around $50.

+1
    It is welded shut so that the stinger end seems smaller. When the valve releases then it flows the amount that it does now. I called and asked it I could take mine off for some back to back testing and he said it could not be undone due to the welds inside. You can try it but that is what skiworxs told me. Here are the pics if you want to try it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stinger Mod 001.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	82546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stinger Mod 002.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	82547  

Crone used the same type set-up as that as well as Inlandjet so theirs more than holeshot there.

You can play with putting a jet in the stinger fitting and then find out if your motor likes less water or more. I made a bunch up and tried them. I thought less water was better for mine but the less I added the lower the rpm's. It's not the Rocket science its made out to be!! But you can't go drilling holes all over you stinger either.

Don't expect 100rpm and you won't be dissappointed but you might find 40-50.

I actually still have the complete Inland Jet setup, never used it due to not wanting to drill a hole into the pipe. I too went with the Stinger mod, worked ok for me. Only problem ever was after winter last year, went riding first time of season, all ok for about 7 minutes then smoke, no power. Removed seat and back hose to stinger melted in half, as well as large U shaped coupler. Come to find the little ball in Jetworks valve was stuck, not letting water to flow. Anyway, now that's one of my seasonal prechecks.

Thread Information