Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Lightbulb looking to buy a 3 seater ( newbie)

    I am looking to buy a 3 seater ski,
    I will no doubt want to mod later on, seeing this on youtube has me wandering how much it it will cost me to do this on a SHO if iwas to go down that track.

    I have not made my mind iether way yet, I am hoping to ride both skiis in the next week or so.

    any info will be greatly apprieciated

    Cordi



  2. #2
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    I love the looks and features of both of these ski's but IMHO i would say the SHO would be the best choice...Unless you ride in HEAVY chop the Ultra but even in a good amount of chop the SHO will also handle it and the SHO is just an all out beast in holeshot and handling..we have yet to see top speed #'s over 70 but that's just because not a lot of modifications have been released yet unlike the 250..it's personal preference you'll make up your mind when you ride them both but...I think you'll love the SHO honestly

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast Australia
    Posts
    269
    I looked at the Kawi's here when they first came out.
    I think they are a very nice package and look great in the bright red, but after finding out they need premium gas and how much theY seem to use I'm glad I waited for the SHO.

  4. #4
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,161
    +1
    600

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by the gos View Post
    I looked at the Kawi's here when they first came out.
    I think they are a very nice package and look great in the bright red, but after finding out they need premium gas and how much theY seem to use I'm glad I waited for the SHO.
    Both skis are great in there own ways, I find that NOTHING compares in the rough stuff, yer the 250 likes a drink, but the rest of the performance make up for that minor drama in my eyes, anyway ride both make your own mind up.

    Just remember were and how you ride will play a big part in the final choice , cant go wrong with iether


    Warren
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 07-11-2008 at 01:22 AM.

  5. #5
    fx160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gold coast australia
    Posts
    2,409
    +1
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Both skis are great in there own ways, I find that NOTHING compares in the rough stuff, yer the 250 likes a drink, but the rest of the performance make up for that minor drama in my eyes, anyway ride both make your own mind up.

    Just remember were and how you ride will play a big part in the final choice , cant go wrong with either


    Warren
    yes the 250 can beat a fxho in the rough but it can't go as far
    and my thoughts are that the sho would be able to keep up with or beat a 250x in the rough as i was not very far behind in my fxho on more than one occasion

    kev

  6. #6
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,161
    +1
    600

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    yes the 250 can beat a fxho in the rough but it can't go as far
    and my thoughts are that the sho would be able to keep up with or beat a 250x in the rough as i was not very far behind in my fxho on more than one occasion

    kev
    been there done that , and NO it cant, but I am not starting pissing match.

    it is a good boat in the rough , but will not keep up

  7. #7
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    welcome to the forum cordi

  8. #8
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,577
    +1
    4,793
    Cordi,
    if you get the Ultra make sure you order the fuel extender, see below...










  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Cordi,
    if you get the Ultra make sure you order the fuel extender, see below...









    well today was a very big eye opener,
    I got to ride a 250x.

    I a was more than impressed with the way it performed in the rough, I can only judge this from the other guys who were with the group I went with ,

    this was my first real solo ride on the ski and I was lucky enough to have spent a few hours on the ski,

    yes it used some fuel , but after 3 hrs of screwing around in the surf & flat water playing drag races, I will not complain, I am used to 2 stroke dirt bike and it is a simple as fun cost money.I dont know wot this yoyo guy is on about! the seadoo wasnt that far behind on needing extra fuel. anyway I dont care!

    I rod a 160ho , and a rxt215, gpr1300 today .

    hey they are all good in there own points but I feel that the way the 250x felt so sure footed in the water was miles in front when compared to the other skiis. (I hated bikes that felt vaig in the front).

    I got to race a red SHO I think, I couldnt believe how much faster than the 160ho it was. but on the ski I was riding , had no trouble passing him in the ugly stuff, maybe he was taking it easy but all I can say was hang on what ever you ride , when you ride in open water, that sh.t tries to kill you. I am no expert but have 6-7 years of moto cross riding under my belt and today was like nothing I have ever experienced, **** my arms are sore.great day had I can tell you.

    I was told that next weekend there will be a SHO coming out with the group.and I have the chance to get my ass on that to see how it performs.

    any way who cares wot brand it is , lets just have fun.

    Regards

    Cordi

    this is a cool site

  10. #10
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,161
    +1
    600

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by cordi View Post
    well today was a very big eye opener,
    I got to ride a 250x.

    I a was more than impressed with the way it performed in the rough, I can only judge this from the other guys who were with the group I went with ,

    this was my first real solo ride on the ski and I was lucky enough to have spent a few hours on the ski,

    yes it used some fuel , but after 3 hrs of screwing around in the surf & flat water playing drag races, I will not complain, I am used to 2 stroke dirt bike and it is a simple as fun cost money.I dont know wot this yoyo guy is on about! the seadoo wasnt that far behind on needing extra fuel. anyway I dont care!

    I rod a 160ho , and a rxt215, gpr1300 today .

    hey they are all good in there own points but I feel that the way the 250x felt so sure footed in the water was miles in front when compared to the other skiis. (I hated bikes that felt vaig in the front).

    I got to race a red SHO I think, I couldnt believe how much faster than the 160ho it was. but on the ski I was riding , had no trouble passing him in the ugly stuff, maybe he was taking it easy but all I can say was hang on what ever you ride , when you ride in open water, that sh.t tries to kill you. I am no expert but have 6-7 years of moto cross riding under my belt and today was like nothing I have ever experienced, **** my arms are sore.great day had I can tell you.

    I was told that next weekend there will be a SHO coming out with the group.and I have the chance to get my ass on that to see how it performs.

    any way who cares wot brand it is , lets just have fun.

    Regards

    Cordi

    this is a cool site
    Hey cordi

    pm me and I will take you out with us,
    my ski is better then the stock 250x, just to give you a chance to feel stock too modded, I still get no different time out of tank. I find its either fuel you use or repairs to there skiis, all equal out in the end.

    regrds

    Waz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM
  3. Noob looking to buy and got a few ???'s
    By Thameth in forum Southeast
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 09:25 PM
  4. Noob looking to buy and got a few ???'s
    By Thameth in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 08:31 PM
  5. So... New to the forum, looking to buy an RXP
    By GGIII in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •