Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xspower

+1

Exclamation Xspower

While trying a new mount today and getting even shorter tubing, I decided to mount with a 1' piece of 2x4x3/16. 4 3/8 counter sunk in rear deck clear through 2x4 and 1/2 into cooler utilizing the 1" thick end plates that have the water fittings. Well, It aint one inch. It seems to be some sort of boxed cap. Phuc me! Now I either weld these 4 holes up, thru bolt still with thread sealer or finally 86 the xpower. I`m starting to think this is good for automotive aps only. Unless you ride glass.

+1
    Hey shibby, you`ve had your hands on afew coolers now. How much lighter is the Rotax compared to xpower and was there adifference in performance?

Sandrock is about to do a back to back test on a buddy's RXP with the Riva & XS cooler. I can tell ya this , all the riva IC ski's around here cant run with ours that have a XS so I dunno? We'll see real truth here maybe by the end of this week coming! Oh and btw we dont have any mounting kits or nothing its plumbed in abd just is wedged between the resonator and the hull beneath the seat and we have not had any probs at all with that. Actually with the plumbing sorta heavy duty it really is hard to move it around...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    Hey shibby, you`ve had your hands on afew coolers now. How much lighter is the Rotax compared to xpower and was there adifference in performance?
    i've had all three in my hands and had them on the floor side by side.... the XS is the largest and heaviest. it's a TANK! thick as heck and real heavy duty, but it's construction means didly, we want to know how it performs.

the rotax by FAR has the smallest air openings...

the riva is a tiny IC, but the air flow is easily noticed by the size and shape of its end tanks.

i have never run the Rotax IC in my ski, but have used the Riva and XS power.

u asked how much "LIGHTER" ... the riva is the lightest, the rotax is next, then the XS power is the heaviest... how much heavier is the XS compared to the ROTAX? ... a bit, but not a drastic amount. i would hate to even put a guess on the lb. difference, but that plastic rotax intercooler is deceiving. it's pretty heavy as well, but the XS is definitely heavier.

i'm interested to hear from sandrock or sleeplessMS as for the results on the back to back test... very interested to hear about it.

+1
    Me too.

+1
    sleeplessnmiss, where do you ride, the Jordan. If so your never in chop. I`m in Lake Ponchatrain. My mount HAS to be rock solid. If my hull starts to fill up I`m a minimum of 2 miles from shore.

+1
    Going back with stock cooler till this winter. Been out since end of March. Screw this. Removed spark arestor screen so that may help a lil` bit.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    Going back with stock cooler till this winter. Been out since end of March. Screw this. Removed spark arestor screen so that may help a lil` bit.
    i said the same thing hoss.... screw this, i got tired of wrenchin and not riding. until i get my parts and chit together, i'm running stock intercooler... with excellent results might i add... finding that there's alot to be gained in hull work, rideplate work, and prop.

+1
    Have you removed the spark arestor screen? There`s 2 screens in it.

+1
    I`m idling at 1950/2000 on the hose. Is that about right? Seems a bit high to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information