2008 Sea-Doo Wake SC or no SC?

Hey All,

I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer as to what they'll give me for trade-in on the '03 GTX SC (with the busted SC) they sold me but in the mean time I'm trying to figure out what I should upgrade to if I have the opportunity.

I use my ski mostly for wakeskating so I'm naturally looking at the Wake edition. The ballast and VTS system on the 2008 look like cool new features. After the disaster of finding out my '03s SC clutch was exploded, however, I'm a bit hesitant to go with another supercharged model.

I've read that the '08s now have metal washers in the SC clutch which is reassuring but how much reliability do you think I'd be sacrificing for that extra 60 HP? If I go with the supercharged model will I have to perform maintenance on the SC regularly?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan

The sc clutch/washers are a wear item...every hundred hours or so?...send it to GH for a little over a buck and a half....deffinately worth the extra hp.

+1
    I would definitely go with the supercharged model. If you don't you will probably regret it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    The sc clutch/washers are a wear item...every hundred hours or so?...send it to GH for a little over a buck and a half....deffinately worth the extra hp.
    I suppose popping out the SC every hundred hours won't be so bad (especially now that I've done it once). In fact, being in Minnesota, it will probably take me a few years to hit 100 hours.

My biggest concern would be that the supercharger would somehow blow it's metal washers (or have some other huge $$ problem) before that 100 hour mark. Is that basically a non-issue?

Thanks again!

Smile

THe more power and speed the more money and parts you'll blow,that said if you follow what these guys in here say, follow routine maint. dont skimp on oil or clean fuel ,youll be fine .I have seen some skis here in texas that belong to waterfront owners with 9or 10 months of good riding conditions a year it is nothing for a 3 yr old ski to only have 55 or 60 hrs on it,a 100 hrs on a ski will take you a couple yrs unless you ride daily 2 to 4 hrs.JMHO>Marvin

Thread Information