Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new rr imp results on stock ecu/injectors

first off my setup: riva stage 1 with 4" air intake (i posted details of my intake in a thread called my 4" air intake), and new rr sc imp...stock ecu/injectors.

first impressions.....its nothing earth shattering..its not a b kit (although i wish it was..lol) but it IS a very nice addition even with stock ecu. most of the boost is made in the upper rpm range (8400) so obviously rr ecu equiped boats would get a bigger benefit out of it.

i DID gain...mayb 100 rpms on top and some speed. i hit 73.0 with over half tank of fuel..my previous best was 73.3 with 2 bars..so take that for whats is worth. it deffinatly has a few more ponies with this impeller. i do not have a boost gauge so i cant comment on how much boost it gave me.

i think this is worth mentioning...there is a split second of lag...it almost feels as if the clutch is slipping for a half second..but i dont think its the clutch. its deffinatly not much of side effect but i could notice it. not sure what thats all about...anybody with any info/theories about it?

if u have stock sc imp, i dunno if its worth the $500 unless ur going to upgrade the ecu. if u have riva/vortech...you could sell it and only have to pay a fraction of the cost of the rr imp..so that might be worth your trouble, especially if you going rr ecu.

heres a vid..posted it on my air intake thread aswell, along with a mod spread sheet with lots of details.

Nice vid Mike. Is that on the Raritan?

Quote Originally Posted by ramnj
    Nice vid Mike. Is that on the Raritan?
    yup...highland park right by rutgers. most people dont like it up here. i personally dont think its that bad..i might grow a 3rd nipple or my children might have some horrible birth defect but other than that its ok j/k

its nice cause u can go into sandy hook bay and play around jump waves..go up to ny, statue of liberty..ect and then come back in the river and rinse off and flush out the skis with fresh water..best of both worlds type of thing.

lots of floating crap though..at the begining of this season there was a basketball hoop floating around..a big one and the backboard and rim was above the water. each week u could see it progressivly move down stream, havent seen it in a while though..
    Last edited by mxl16; 07-16-2006 at 10:51 AM.

Has anyone tried running the RR impeller with the 42lb. inj. and the RR Stock Class ECU??? I would think it would run similar to the racing ECU ...maybe not quite as powerful, But would get the job done.. Any thoughts??

+1
    I was more concerned if anyone had run the RR SC and 42lb injectors with the stock ECU and a A/F meter or EGT. Seems like a potential lean/hot situation. Has it been tested safe already?

+1
    Jarrett, i ran the new RR SC impeller, 42# injectors and Riva intercooler with the stock ECU on Careys ski. AFR is perfect at 11.7 @ WOT.

Stock injectors go lean!

+1
    Sweet, no prob then. Thanks for the info!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast05RXP
    Has anyone tried running the RR impeller with the 42lb. inj. and the RR Stock Class ECU??? I would think it would run similar to the racing ECU ...maybe not quite as powerful, But would get the job done.. Any thoughts??
    yes.... ramnj

Sweet vid Mike! Your ski sounds great! Where is your boost gauge?...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast05RXP
    Fast05RXP--I have the stock class ECU with the with the RRSC impeller and have been running it the past several months with no ill effect. But-take into considerstion I have been running in 95 to 100 degree air temp all this time. At Jerry's urging--the 42lb injectors will be added because when the weather cools down he feels I might start running lean and I agree on that. A 15/20 wheel and RR front motor mount will also be added along with a VTS rod extension. Hopefull looking forward to upper 70s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information