Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP-X SC Maintenance????

I was at the dealer setting up the 10hr, I'm at 15hr, oh well..... any way i know these guy's really well and they are great to deal with and one joked with me and said I would have to have the metal washers replaced and the SC serviced likely at the 30hr mark because of the way i ride. I'm like pardon, every 30hr I'm going to have to service my SC????? they said maybe, look in the manual and in-fact i did i pulled one out of the RXT-X in the show room and sure enough he's right. the note says every 100hr BUT it may be sooner as the engine management system monitors, speed, rpm's etc and may require the maintenance before the 100hr mark. "Maint SC" pops up on the display and once it does you have 5hr's to get it dealt with otherwise the warranty is void.

Can any one chime in who's had this service, likely a P-X with some good hours on it. I'm just wondering what this service costs to get done, I'm thinking Jerry is going to get very busy because if we all have to pull the SC whenever this warning comes up i would rather have him do the service then the dealer. BRP is paranoid with all the SC failures so they added this into the manual.

Banned User
    +1
    I have a T-X with 32 hours on it as of this morning. I ride very hard, mostly testing stuff doing top speed runs, or going out in the morning and riding the bouy course, also very hard, and so far, no message of any kind.

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I have a T-X with 32 hours on it as of this morning. I ride very hard, mostly testing stuff doing top speed runs, or going out in the morning and riding the bouy course, also very hard, and so far, no message of any kind.
    hells yeah! i cant ride 55..im only at 22 hours with no message of any kind. i never had the 10 hour maintenance done, did it myself along with the recalls. The dealer here is a joke and i would rather do it myself anyway.

There was a SeaDoo tech on here a while ago who said that you have 5 hours to get the SC serviced after the Maint lights. After that, the ski goes into limp mode until the dealer resets it. Maybe he'll chine in... Ron

both skis have 60 hrs and no sign of anything yet. but once doin S/C rebuilt might aswell put in a new wheel from engine tech

my rxp-x has over 50 hours and no messages yet.

+1
    Yep, I actually made a post about this several months ago, and wait 'til you see how much that dealer charges you for that service...

Voided warranties?
    I can see SeaDoo losing market share over this down the road...
    they need to develop a better mouse trap.
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-13-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    What exactly does the dealer do for the SC service??? I remember on my motorcycle I could do my own maintenance, and as I long as I had a written record that I performed it, the warranty was still valid.
    Granted, seadoo still wants you to take it to the dealer so they can put the BUDS unit on it, but really, if your qualified to work on your own ski and perform the maintenance per the manual, your warranty should still be valid.

If, later on you have problems, and you documented the work you did, and that you did it per the seadoo maintenance manual, page whatever, your good to go. If the dealer denies your claim, contact an attorney and you will have a case.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i have a customer with an 08 with 86 hours on it right now... we talked about the 100 hour service, that the machine may have MAINT appear rumor has it a potential limp mode... he should be over 100 hours in another 2 weeks he forecasts... but our game plan is that he's just going to keep riding it right past 100 and see if anything happens. if he gets reduced performance or a light he'll bring it in. If he does not, we're gonna go until 105 hours before he brings it in to give it an extra 5 hours to see if it'll kick into limp mode or anything.

anyone with an 08 with more hours than that out there that has already been passed 100??

i have 53 on my rxp-x .. and i havent seen nothing ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information